Loretta Lynn's Ranch

Ok so I did a thread search for anything to do with Loretta Lynn's Ranch. I did not find anything. PLEASE do not take this in a bad way. Thanks.
Now, can someone please tell me. What will become of the Loretta Lynn National if anything was to happen to Loretta? Heaven forbid if anything was to happen to her. It would be devastating to the Motocross industry and family. If the ranch was ever to be shut down. .
Like I said I was able to figure out how to use the search. :P Thanks for posting

James

Staff member
The only thing that Loretta Lynn has to do with the "2014 Rocky Mountain ATV/MC AMA Amateur National Motocross Championship" is that it's held at her ranch in Tennessee. Even though the sport/industry refers to it as "Loretta's", it's no where in the title or really anything else for that matter.

It's pretty common knowledge that Loretta's kids don't want anything to do with it so it's safe to assume that it won't always be there.

There's been a lot of speculation as to what will happen with it and here's my theory. MX Sports (people who actually run/own the series along with the pro MX series) recently built a national track in Crawfordsville, IN (which will be on the pro circuit this year) and I'm betting that it'll be held there.

James

Staff member
Do you think the popularity of not just the National but the sport will suffer not being held at Loretta's?
Doubtful.

Yes the Ranch is pretty cool however a National title is still a National title. Doesn't really matter where it's held at as it's the riders and racing that make it what it is. The track at the Ranch is actually pretty sad.

Last edited:
"Loretta Lynn's Ranch" is a business providing far more than just an outdoor mx venue. I venture to say it will be there long after Loretta Lynn has passed.

The only thing that Loretta Lynn has to do with the "2014 Rocky Mountain ATV/MC AMA Amateur National Motocross Championship" is that it's held at her ranch in Tennessee. Even though the sport/industry refers to it as "Loretta's", it's no where in the title or really anything else for that matter.

It's pretty common knowledge that Loretta's kids don't want anything to do with it so it's safe to assume that it won't always be there.

There's been a lot of speculation as to what will happen with it and here's my theory. MX Sports (people who actually run/own the series along with the pro MX series) recently built a national track in Crawfordsville, IN (which will be on the pro circuit this year) and I'm betting that it'll be held there.

Its a foundation founded by Lorretta in honor of her husband who LOVED motorcycles and motocross.... It's supposed to live on for as long as there is land in the trust.
That's if I remember correctly. been 20 years since I heard that story though.

James

Staff member
"Loretta Lynn's Ranch" is a business providing far more than just an outdoor mx venue. I venture to say it will be there long after Loretta Lynn has passed.
We're not really talking about the Ranch itself sticking around after here death but the Amateur National still being hold there.
Its a foundation founded by Lorretta in honor of her husband who LOVED motorcycles and motocross.... It's supposed to live on for as long as there is land in the trust.
That's if I remember correctly. been 20 years since I heard that story though.
From what I understand MX Sports are the ones that "own" the National. So unless there's some sort of agreement between Loretta Lynn and MX Sports, what's keeping them from holding it somewhere else?

We're not really talking about the Ranch itself sticking around after here death but the Amateur National still being hold there.

From what I understand MX Sports are the ones that "own" the National. So unless there's some sort of agreement between Loretta Lynn and MX Sports, what's keeping them from holding it somewhere else?

Well you better get your shit together and get the real story or I'll have BK Ban your skinny ass...
:lol: