Looking to maybe trade my bike????

So I have a 99 cr250 that I'm looking into and thinking about maybe trading for a 97 klx 300....it's a real nice and clean bike not all dogged out and beat. I'm looking into changing up from a 2 smoker racer which that's all I've ever owned and jumping on a thumper and I know these klx's are light and the handling are nice. The only thing I'm worried about it the power. And input or help would be appreciated. ..Thanks

I think the 97 has the six speed in it too. I know moving from a 2stroke to a 4stroke is going to a big transition. I just dont know how worth it it would be to do it. I ride more trails than anything and don't really race unless it's for fun with some buddies through the woods. I'm just thinking maybe a thumper would be more the way to go?

You'll miss the cr when it comes to power. I don't really think the KLX is a power bike as much as it is an easy to ride FRQ.

I made the plunge and took the trade on the klx for my cr. While yes I do miss the crazy top end power the cr had it had a few problems too, I found a crack in the bottom of the case(no skid plate on it) forks seals were about shot so was the rear. The klx I had out trail riding over the weekend the power was real nice I had no problem keeping up with my buddy on his 02 kx250 actually at some points he had trouble keeping up, but the klx has a little work done to it stroker brand head pipe w/fmf power core 4 silencer, open air box, different sprockets, and the suspension is tight. I'm just working on trying to work on getting a 35mm keihin fcr pumper carb to replace the stock cvk carb thats on it to get better throttle response and trying to figure out how to get the headlight wired up and working, so if anyone has any insight on that would be appreciated. thanks
Also I'm looking for more stroker parts new or used if anyone knows where to find some, ebay doesnt have any.

00808_llR9kqDW4aG_600x450.jpg