250F Kick Starting Trouble

Hey everyone, I'm looking for some advice on a kick starter problem (hope it's that) I'm having with my 07 KX250F. I rode yesterday for about 20 minutes without any problems or anything out of the ordinary. After I took a quick break, I started by dirtbike back up, looked down, and noticed that my kick starter didn't spring back up. I turned my bike off and found out that the kick started was basically locked. It would kick down a little further, but it wouldn't go back up past a certain point.

I was able to shift through the gears while the bike was off and the clutch was pulling in as it normally would feel. I took the right side cover off because I thought the kick starter spring may have snapped, but it didn't. I adjusted the spring a little bit because it looked a little weird, put the kick started back on and it seemed like it was no longer locked up. Went to go kick the starter over and I heard "click, click, click" and the kick started was again stuck in the same position.

Anyone have any idea of what this is/where I should start?​

When you pulled the cover off did you check the other gears inside?
6_Kick_Starter_Primary_Gear.gif

I tried to look at the primary gear the best I could but I feel like I need to take the clutch off for a better view. I didnt remove the clutch because I don't have the clutch holder tool and I don't know of another way without using that tool. Now that I think about it, the primary gear did seem to be a little loose (moving forward and back)...

Behind that main gear is a ratchet system, That ratchet mechanism might be broke, Or there is like a metal tab that the ratchet presses against, might have bent or broken off.

I tried to look at the primary gear the best I could but I feel like I need to take the clutch off for a better view. I didnt remove the clutch because I don't have the clutch holder tool and I don't know of another way without using that tool. Now that I think about it, the primary gear did seem to be a little loose (moving forward and back)...
shove a copper or aluminium or copper washer (or a penny :devil:) inbetween the gears as a wedge and use an impact if you have it. That nut should come right off