Pro Kawasaki pulls out of off-road

Interesting after all the top finishes in the recent off road races especially the D-37 races... I thought they had put together a team for Baja also...:noidea:

Interesting after all the top finishes in the recent off road races especially the D-37 races... I thought they had put together a team for Baja also...:noidea:
They were silently supporting the Baja Team. They are still working on a support program for the off-road world. I am sure they will want to be able to provide some decent support to keep their brand out there and running for the top step. Right Now those Gold Fish are dominating everything.

They were silently supporting the Baja Team. They are still working on a support program for the off-road world. I am sure they will want to be able to provide some decent support to keep their brand out there and running for the top step. Right Now those Gold Fish are dominating everything.

It'd be nice if they can continue... remember the last several D37 races where the top 2-3 finishers were Kawi's? It'd be a shame to lose that type of competition....

As for Team G-fish... can kind of do a dance (:banana:) since Team Berg is under their umbrella..... :devil:

It's all about marketing. SX and MX are nationally televised, and they must believe that the return on investment is better in SX and MX. Somehow, they forget that the vast majority of bikes are used off road and never see a track. KTM gets it and with lesser budgets the other Euro brands do as well.

That article is good but I dont think they have a clue about what is going on in the west coast. WORCS is in some serious trouble.. I went to the second to last round of the worcs series. There where 9 pros on the line 6 on Kawi, Weigant on a JCR Honda(not factory) and two on KTMS(both of which were support rides).

Of the nine Pros 4 were Factory Kawi, Abbott,Garrison,Soule and Roberts. Robby bell was on a THR Kawi which I believe has some support from kawi. The other 4 Kawi's were local guys that bought the Kawis due to contingency.

So point is the purses are not big enough in the WORCS series to justify paying somebody like Abbott, Garrison, Soule and roberts and supplying them with bikes and parts. I just don't see privateer teams biting the bullet and paying these guys, to get a 2000 dollar purse.

PLUS these guys are going to require a lot of equipment. Just doesn't seem like it would be worth the hassle for a privateer team. JUST MY TWO CENTS.

I think Husky has the right idea. Offer 2 million in contingency to anybody on a husky and then support a couple privateer teams. This adds incentive to buy a husky and keeps the payroll down. Its a sad day there are going to be a lot of good guys looking for work and not a lot of people out there that can afford them.

That article is good but I dont think they have a clue about what is going on in the west coast. WORCS is in some serious trouble.. I went to the second to last round of the worcs series. There where 9 pros on the line 6 on Kawi, Weigant on a JCR Honda(not factory) and two on KTMS(both of which were support rides).

Of the nine Pros 4 were Factory Kawi, Abbott,Garrison,Soule and Roberts. Robby bell was on a THR Kawi which I believe has some support from kawi. The other 4 Kawi's were local guys that bought the Kawis due to contingency.

So point is the purses are not big enough in the WORCS series to justify paying somebody like Abbott, Garrison, Soule and roberts and supplying them with bikes and parts. I just don't see privateer teams biting the bullet and paying these guys, to get a 2000 dollar purse.

PLUS these guys are going to require a lot of equipment. Just doesn't seem like it would be worth the hassle for a privateer team. JUST MY TWO CENTS.

I think Husky has the right idea. Offer 2 million in contingency to anybody on a husky and then support a couple privateer teams. This adds incentive to buy a husky and keeps the payroll down. Its a sad day there are going to be a lot of good guys looking for work and not a lot of people out there that can afford them.
webe racing, just sayin