Jean Nevada Last weekend.

Here is another clip from the same ride. This is down in the valley. A little more High speed than up in the mountain. Some of the trails were graded because of a desert race a couple weeks ago. Also there is a company that takes people on tours and part of their gig is to groom the trails. It pissed us off because they took all the whoops out. That is my favorite part the nasty desert whoops that murder your hamstrings. I asked him what he was doing and he said they have to clear it out for their tours, he then said he was going to do the single track but he didn't have anything that narrow. I said good if you touch the single track I will pull you off the tractor and cut your nuts off.

If I wanted to ride paved roads I would ride a street bike.

-Brock
powersportjunkie.com
shoppsj.com

wow. that really bothers me that these guys who run these tours seem to think its ok to modify the terrain for the purpose of running a tour. this isnt the first time i have heard of such things.

unless they are doing it for other purposes as well... like if people live down a dirt road and need it graded.

a couple here and there no biggie,but 10 miles of them and im out of there, i like flowing technical st.

I like the flowing technical stuff to and it is very challenging to me. I used to hate it but I have ridden it enough that now I like it. The problem is here where I ride the tight technical stuff is really whooped out to. We take the new guys out and run them through the miles and miles of whoops to break them in. We have had guys puke on the trail because it was just to physical for them. A lot of people think that when I buy stuff for my bike I am just buying it because I want to be cool. It is all for a purpose and makes riding through the nasty whoops a whole lot easier. Bike setup is huge when you ride rough stuff. Sure you can get through it with a stock bike but it makes it a huge difference when you take the time to set it up right. You just dont have to work as hard.

I like the flowing technical stuff to and it is very challenging to me. I used to hate it but I have ridden it enough that now I like it. The problem is here where I ride the tight technical stuff is really whooped out to. We take the new guys out and run them through the miles and miles of whoops to break them in. We have had guys puke on the trail because it was just to physical for them. A lot of people think that when I buy stuff for my bike I am just buying it because I want to be cool. It is all for a purpose and makes riding through the nasty whoops a whole lot easier. Bike setup is huge when you ride rough stuff. Sure you can get through it with a stock bike but it makes it a huge difference when you take the time to set it up right. You just dont have to work as hard.

its true but still i dont want to ride whoops all day. i love me a sections of whoops tho. especially desert ones that you dont know.. it can get hairy. last ride i was on i was on a fairly smooth(not graded) jeep trail when i see a section of whoops ahead. the first whoop was a little bigger and the 2nd was a little farther then the rest. so i went to double into it. preload a little and hit it like a small double and the first few after just fine but i was going faster then i should have been and it got hairy fast :lol:. i pinned it straightened out then leveled out my speed for the rest. :rocker: it was pretty fun all said and done :P