Pro JCR Honda pulls out of SCORE Baja Racing

San Clemente, CA:

Johnny Campbell Racing, Inc (JCR) the most dominate motorcycle
Off-Road racing team to compete in Baja, Mexico, is officially
announcing its withdrawal from SCORE International Baja racing for

Honda has enjoyed participating in Baja competition for over 51 years. Within Honda’s rich Baja racing history racers like Dave Ekins, Al Baker, Bruce Ogilvie, Chuck Miller, Johnny Campbell, Steve Hengeveld, Robby Bell, Kendall Norman, Quinn Cody, Colton Udall, Timmy Weigand and others have amassed over 23 victories in the most grueling Off-Road race in the world. Johnny’s personal record of 11-Overall wins plus 6 as a team owner and manager total an astounding 17-consecutive Baja 1000 victories for Honda, a record that is likely to never be equaled. The JCR/Honda team will be taking on a new set of exciting challenges that will be announced in the near future.

“With so much success over the past two decades of Baja motorcycle
racing, the time has come for us to search out new opportunities and a new set of goals. JCR/Honda has had an amazing experience working with SCORE International and an even better experience living the Baja dream. The extraordinary fans, the great sponsors and supporters all have made this lifestyle a gift I truly cherish.

I have been honored to carry on the legacy of my great mentor - the late Bruce Ogilvie - who's passion for Baja and this program has been carried on through the spirit of this team. The biggest thing that has made JCR and Honda so successful in Baja racing is the JCR/Honda race support crews, they are the backbone of this program. Without the selfless sacrifices of the pit captains and crews we would be nowhere. If just one crew person is not in the right place at the right time, the wins and championships would not have been obtainable. I sincerely thank each and everyone who has stood hand in hand with myself and the JCR/Honda team through the decades of dominance. Our new direction will be announced shortly. I have no doubt this will be an amazing year."

With absolute respect to all,

Johnny Campbell

so what exactly is greater things? i mean besides the baja you gotta go overseas to get anything that epic and even then its apples to oranges. KOM maybe?

this is kinda crazy if you ask me. thats 51 years of history. odd to me to not do it anymore because you are good at it.

edit: do they already have their hands in motocross and supercross? if not i wouldnt be suprised if thats the new direction... lots of money there

so what exactly is greater things? i mean besides the baja you gotta go overseas to get anything that epic and even then its apples to oranges. KOM maybe?

this is kinda crazy if you ask me. thats 51 years of history. odd to me to not do it anymore because you are good at it.

edit: do they already have their hands in motocross and supercross? if not i wouldnt be suprised if thats the new direction... lots of money there
Nope, none of their current riders would be a front runner in SX/MX
I'm guessing the new focus will be Dakar
I wonder if any of this is related to the KC66 accident

Nope, none of their current riders would be a front runner in SX/MX
I'm guessing the new focus will be Dakar
I wonder if any of this is related to the KC66 accident

yea there is a lot about all these teams i know nothing about. Dakar would be a big one but its going on right now so that couldnt be the plans for THIS year right?

I see them focusing on BITD, NH&H, WORCS, GNCC races this year and putting a solid program together to enter the Dakar in 2015.

51 years is a long time to be racing Score and with Sal Fish selling it last year I have heard a few unhappy stores from the 2 wheel community as it is now run by a former 4 wheel racer. Plus the challenge is not there anymore. Teams and riders want to challenge themselves to be the next extremist. Maybe they will go after extreme enduros. I guess we will just have to wait and see.

51 years is a long time to be racing Score and with Sal Fish selling it last year I have heard a few unhappy stores from the 2 wheel community as it is now run by a former 4 wheel racer.

The change in promoter/owner seems to be a huge issue on the various forums. Wouldn't be surprised if "BAJA RALLY" operated by I believe "the weatherman" becomes the next "score/sal fish".