Pro Jason Lawrence Set For Motocross Return

Troubled Former Star Set For Outdoors
It now appears as though much-troubled motocrosser Jason Lawrence will make a return to racing in the 2013 AMA Pro Motocross National Championship with the talented 25-year-old former 250 Supercross West Champion drawing plenty of attention yesterday at Pala Raceway in Southern California where he was doing a Utopia Optics photo shoot.
JasonLawrenceWeb.jpg
Former motocross star Jason Lawrence says he will return to racing in 2013.

Lawrence has been threatening to make a return to racing for the past two years, but this time the threat sounds like a promise as Utopia and Arma Energy will support his comeback. Lawrence has been riding at his grandparents' property in Florida to get ready for his return, but is now in Southern California and staying with friend and fellow racer Josh Hansen. He's scheduled to return to Florida shortly.
Lawrence was sentenced to 365 days in the Southwest Detention Center in Murrieta, California, on September 8, 2009 with the then 22 year old charged with two counts of assault with a deadly weapon, one count of battery with serious bodily injury, and one count of mayhem.
Lawrence was sentenced in Riverside County, California, just 46 days after finishing third in the AMA National Motocross round in Washougal. Lawrence also very nearly won the Daytona Supercross in March of 2009 before fading to a second-place finish.
The 2009 season was littered with trouble for Lawrence with the AMA penalizing him for his on-track actions at the Jacksonville round of the 2009 Monster Energy AMA Supercross Series after on-track altercations between himself and Broc Hepler. Since he was already on probation for an earlier incident, Lawrence was suspended from competition for the rest of the 2009 AMA Supercross Series.
Lawrence was put on probation after being arrested for disorderly conduct at the Red Bud Motocross National on July 4, 2008 after getting involved in a fight. Three weeks earlier, at Freestone Country Raceway in Texas, Lawrence rolled his mechanic's rental car in the parking lot. Lawrence was put on probation by the AMA for the rental car incident and was given a $25,000 suspended fine that the AMA said would be dropped if Lawrence stayed clean for the rest of the year.
Lawrence rode for the Yamaha of Troy team at the time.

Well what do you think? :thinking:

He's friends with Josh Hansen, would've never guessed. :smirk:

This is good news though, we need some attitude in the Outdoors. :thumb:

He is going to have a rude awakening coming into the outdoors this season. A LOT more fast guys but he has natural ability and that should take him somewhere. I dont see his stamina being where it needs to be but I sure do like seeing him back out there. He should ruffle some feathers.

He is going to have a rude awakening coming into the outdoors this season. A LOT more fast guys but he has natural ability and that should take him somewhere. I dont see his stamina being where it needs to be but I sure do like seeing him back out there. He should ruffle some feathers.
I agree. I always did like his attitude and how he got under some riders skin. He just took it a little too far and got into trouble. He did pay his dues and hopefully he can turn it around. he is 25 and still has a few years left to get it done.

James

Staff member
I agree. I always did like his attitude and how he got under some riders skin. He just took it a little too far and got into trouble. He did pay his dues and hopefully he can turn it around. he is 25 and still has a few years left to get it done.
Exactly, it's all fun and games until someone loses an ear. :smirk:

Brotocross just did and article not too long ago on this guy. I guess he has been tearing up some harescrambles lately in preparation for his return

JERSEY! Recognize bitches! :smirk:

I must say that his personality sucks... or did. I know he spent some much needed family time riding with his much younger brother at E-town and then spent some personal time with his grandparents.

I enjoy watching him ride. I never see him struggle to handle the bike and he seems to flow very well, maybe on par if not beyond that of the top 5.... I hope to see good things from him in the outdoors especially if he actually trains.

http://motocross.transworld.net/1000143312/news/j-law-raw-back-for-2013-nationals/

him riding:
http://motocross.transworld.net/1000143316/videos/jason-lawrence-pala-raceway/