It turned out to be a good day.

I was planning on an epic 200+ miler starting before sunrise. So much for plans. Woke up with a terrible headache. What's up with that? I didn't even drink anything. A few ibuprofens and back to bed. I finally got under way at about 8:30. I decided to do a mostly fire road loop as time and heat kind of limited the options for a really long ride.

In my haste to get going I discovered that I did not have my camera. Sorry that means no pics. I ended up doing about 99.5 miles. The pavement was close to 20 miles, the fireroad about 60 miles, 15 miles of jeep trail and 5 miles or so of singletrack.

I had one sketchy moment. I was cruising down a fireroad and after rounding a corner I startled a giant bird. It tried to take off and sort of jumped and flapped right into my path. I didn't get a real good look, but it was gigantic. I thought that I was about to mow down a Condor. I managed to stop and almost bit it in the process. When I came to a stop I looked over to about 15 feet to my left to see a pissed off Golden Eagle standing in the bushes and glaring at me. It stood about 3 feet tall. After a look I eased off the clutch and was on my way.

Shortly thereafter I found some really sweet singletrack. The was epic stuff. Nice flowing trail with no whoops. I only rode part of it. I'll have to go back and ride it all.

After coming down from that ridge I hit the Ridge route. This is the original way over the mountains from Bakersfield to LA. I have no idea why but about 60 miles into the ride there was a closed gate. F that. From what I could see there was noting seriously wrong with the road at all. I have no idea why it was closed. It's the preferred Forest Service management method. Just close it. I checked and it's been closed since the storms of 2005. Total BS.

When I got home it was time for a frosty beverage and Red Bud. Pissed off at NBC fro keeping the 450 moto 2 until tomorrow, but I can predict the finish. I'll predict that Dungey won by 30 seconds or more. The 250 races are so much better this year.

Maybe tomorrow I'll manage to wake early and do a dawn patrol ride. It will have to be early as it's supposed to be HOT tomorrow.

Cool deal except for the fricken gate being locked. I'll be pushing out tomorrow for a little loop with another Beta brudda that I met. Have a good ride in the AM and don't forget the cam this time!!!:smirk:
Not going to give you the, "it never happend if you don't have pics."