450F Is a blown kx450f 2008 worth rebuilding?

Hey, I recently have been trying to sell my ATV and a couple of days ago a guy near me offered to trade a kawasaki kxf 450 with two broken valves. He says the cylinder is fine but the piston has to be replaced, from what I have checked the head might be salvageable but if not, a new one can cost upwards of 500$ plus another 220 for the valves. Share your thoughts, I will probably go take a look at it this weekend.

8jP5nAa.jpg

aUYPUxv.jpg

SRAD97750

Staff member
Yeah, new valves and get a professional valve job done. They will be able to tell if there is head damage or just seat damage.
The rest of that looks like it could be cleaned up.

How does the cylinder look if the piston need replacing?
-BIG DAN:thumb:

Yeah, new valves and get a professional valve job done. They will be able to tell if there is head damage or just seat damage.
The rest of that looks like it could be cleaned up.

How does the cylinder look if the piston need replacing?
The parts for the 2008 model are getting harder and harder to find, if the head is too damaged I don't think it is worth it. A new head costs upwards of 550 and there is close to no used ones anymore.

I don't know how does the cylinder look, he said it is fine but I will take some photos when I go look at the bike.

SRAD97750

Staff member
I think the mid 2000s are some of the most plentiful parts right now. OEM is fully stocked on that bike, here in California.
eBay is flooded with used heads for this model from around $200.
eBay also has crazy inexpensive aftermarket valves available.
You'll have to look and call around a little, but every town has a machine shop that does valve jobs. 4T engines turn the world, currently.

I think the mid 2000s are some of the most plentiful parts right now. OEM is fully stocked on that bike, here in California.
eBay is flooded with used heads for this model from around $200.
eBay also has crazy inexpensive aftermarket valves available.
You'll have to look and call around a little, but every town has a machine shop that does valve jobs. 4T engines turn the world, currently.
I couldn't find much on ebay but I will try again, I was trying to find something locally but there is generally not too many online stores for bike parts in Poland.

I have a machine shop near me and they already done some stuff for me but this head looks quite rough.