iPhone Apps.............

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20100729/ap_on_re_us/us_tec_techbit_apps_privacy

Here is some good reading for privacy issues using Apps on the IPhone and Droid...

"We found that not only users, but developers as well, don't know what's happening in their apps, even in their own apps, which is fascinating," said John Hering, CEO of the San Francisco-based Lookout.

google just caught a bunch of heat for somethng very similar. apparently some code in the software that was used for the vehicles that drive around collecting data for pics of streets and what not was also recording mac addresses on peopels networks that were not on lock down as they drove by their hose. They came forward saying that they been doing it for many years and did not know it. I think they knew and maybe caught wind that others were gonna find out so they tried to play it off that way.

:prof: Be careful on Jail breaking, you will void the warranty on the phone...

ive jailbroke all my iPhones... you can always do a factory reset and be fine and dandy.

and as for why you would want to do it ?

1. you can get any and every app for free.
2. you can get lots of apps that are not available for a unbroke phone.
3. Lots of those apps allow things that steve jobs does not allow you to have.

ive jailbroke all my iPhones... you can always do a factory reset and be fine and dandy.

and as for why you would want to do it ?

1. you can get any and every app for free.
2. you can get lots of apps that are not available for a unbroke phone.
3. Lots of those apps allow things that steve jobs does not allow you to have.

Trav, how can you get any app for free? Just download it and it never shows up on your bill?

Trav, how can you get any app for free? Just download it and it never shows up on your bill?

there was a app that allowed cracked versions of apps to be put on your phone. cause with jailbreak you can root into the phone you can get into the file dir which allowed you to dl the apps from the internet and then put them on your phone. it use to be called appulous but i am pretty sure its changed.

there was a app that allowed cracked versions of apps to be put on your phone. cause with jailbreak you can root into the phone you can get into the file dir which allowed you to dl the apps from the internet and then put them on your phone. it use to be called appulous but i am pretty sure its changed.

Whaaaaaat :doh:

Is it possible to be able to use verison cell tower with my iphone. We only get verison at the lake we go to. It suxs using other peoples phones

i am not sure. i know you can jailbrake a iPhone and hack it so you can use other providers but im not sure if you can make it so it will use two different providers on command.... i dont even own a iPhone anymore so i have not keept up with too much of what can be done with them anymore.

James

Staff member
Is it possible to be able to use verison cell tower with my iphone. We only get verison at the lake we go to. It suxs using other peoples phones
No, Verizon uses CDMA technology and AT&T uses GSM. That would be like trying to put a KTM linkage in a Kawi, it just won't work.