125 I need help/ slash rebuild thread...

OK now, I have had the cylinder sent to Eric Gorr (he inspected it, said it was good), I have tried OEM and aftermarket gaskets, have replaced water pump and crank seals, split cases and applied yama-bond everywhere, and even bought a BRAND NEW head. Well... there's still water in the cylinder and pipe :banghead: So now I have about a 3 grand bike that doesn't run... Any ideas??? :worthy:

f5fd05c2.jpg

131ec184.jpg

4e31df3e.jpg

53b01b22.jpg

I've gone through THREE pistons :bonk:
65ededc0.jpg

I'll NEED new clutch basket, hub, and plates as well... :banghead::foul:
3efa0a11.jpg

3def8abb.jpg

441d4d0f.jpg

Now any engine god (or goddess) please help me... I rebuild my buddies engines and some on the side. I've also been tinkering with some small tunings set ups lately... BUT I HAVE NEVER SEEN ANYTHING LIKE THIS... :moon:

You mean trade straight up for a running bike?? :P i'm good... I really want to PC the frame tho no money for that until it runs tho. :rolleyes:

Have the top of the cylinder and head milled for true flatness.

he replaced the head with a new one.

Man, that is a tuff one, if you replaced every part that has water going through it and you still get water in it. Then I would be in the same boat as you....lost!! Scrap it and buy another, you could have bought two by now for the money you waisted on that one. Or trade it for a 94 RM250...I know someone that has one :smirk:

he replaced the head with a new one.

Man, that is a tuff one, if you replaced every part that has water going through it and you still get water in it. Then I would be in the same boat as you....lost!! Scrap it and buy another, you could have bought two by now for the money you waisted on that one. Or trade it for a 94 RM250...I know someone that has one :smirk:

Even though i just got some AWESOME white plastics... (i will be keeping those :P) I will probably be selling the bike once it runs again... I did the math I could get my kx250 running for cheaper than I could my 05' 125...

NOW A POLL!!!

Which one should I sell? :cry:
f5fd05c2.jpg

OR

IMG_0468.jpg

Even though i just got some AWESOME white plastics... (i will be keeping those :P) I will probably be selling the bike once it runs again... I did the math I could get my kx250 running for cheaper than I could my 05' 125...

NOW A POLL!!!

Which one should I sell? :cry:
f5fd05c2.jpg

OR

IMG_0468.jpg

hands down,,,sell that 125 and keep the 250. I rode my brothers 125 a few weeks back. Man it just didn't cut for me. I love the low end power of the 250. I don't have to ream the crap out it to go the same speed and feel like I am in way more control and have better traction on the 250.

I find it funny that you have 2 cosmetically perfect, non running bikes... I will stick to my thrashed bike that starts on kick 1 and runs all day :thumb: