I need a 2000 cr 250 right side crank case and cover

Status
Not open for further replies.
of course you can buy one side,,,but what M33 is saying that you SHOULD buy them as a set as they are matched molded from new and you will or can have issues with them not lining up and having leaks etc.

I called honda they said they are separate part numbers that not all bikes are like that and that it should be fine but I may buy a new engine off some guy he says it's rebuilt with receipts for 450 with weiseco parts then I'll run that till it goes and take the case off it and put mine back together

It really depends on how the cases were machined. Today I don't think that they are matched sets. On the pre RFVC Honda XR's and XL's the cases were machined as a set and honda didn't even sell just one side. You had to get the set. I'm pretty sure that this CR case is not like that. The case halves are machined separately and you can buy just one with no issue.

It really depends on how the cases were machined. Today I don't think that they are matched sets. On the pre RFVC Honda XR's and XL's the cases were machined as a set and honda didn't even sell just one side. You had to get the set. I'm pretty sure that this CR case is not like that. The case halves are machined separately and you can buy just one with no issue.
that's what Honda told me

Status
Not open for further replies.