I dropped my iphone :picard:

If it's an Apple, just bring it to them and they will hook you up just fine. I have nothing but great things to say about Apple products.
:lol: thats not true at all. Sure you can bring it to apple and sure they will fix it but you wont get hooked up and they WILL charge you out the ass for it. unless its something faulty and you have ins or are under warranty... smashed screen... :naughty:

:lol: thats not true at all. Sure you can bring it to apple and sure they will fix it but you wont get hooked up and they WILL charge you out the ass for it. unless its something faulty and you have ins or are under warranty... smashed screen... :naughty:

Two cases for you!
1) I spilt beer on my Mac book pro, two years old out of warranty, thing took a shit. Paid 25 dollars for a large capacity flash card and gave it to the genius work table. Came back an hour later and he had fished all of my data (emails, documents, photos, everything) out and put it on the flash card. He then told me they would replace the components that got worked by the Newcastle. Got my computer back with a new case, screen, hard drive (basically a new computer) FREE, yep that’s right FREE, NO CHARGE, yep, NO CHARGE. Oh I did buy a flash card for 25 bucks so I guess it wasn’t free. LOL But genius did all the retrieving for FREE!
2) Joe’s IPod glass got broken from it sitting on the bed and one of my daughters tossed in the doc and it landed on the Ipod thus cracking the glass. Ipod was 2 months past warranty. Genius behind the counter transferred all of the applications and information to another Ipod and handed it over the counter and said, “NO CHARGE” ???? That’s right “NO CHARGE”.
Basically it’s like this, same place (Apple Store) different guy behind the counter, same story from both geniuses. They tell me because my story of what happened to the product was honest and sincere they are replacing them for free even out of warranty. Most people they tell me come in and tell some wild ass story about how it just quit and wouldn’t work any more, I don’t know what happen, must be a faulty product. So my guess is if you go to the Apple store and be honest and sincere most likely they are going to treat you good. Your mentality can not be offensive or you will pay out the ass. :moon:

wife dropped her phone smashed the screen and they wanted to charge us almost what it cost to get a new one. We said :finger: and moved on. Glad you had a better experience then i have.

James

Staff member
They tell me because my story of what happened to the product was honest and sincere they are replacing them for free even out of warranty. Most people they tell me come in and tell some wild ass story about how it just quit and wouldn’t work any more, I don’t know what happen, must be a faulty product. So my guess is if you go to the Apple store and be honest and sincere most likely they are going to treat you good. Your mentality can not be offensive or you will pay out the ass. :moon:
:thumb: I can vouch for that, will not for Apple itself but sales/customer service in general.

Sounds like they sold you a new phone. Where's the warranty in that? Did you have some kind of extra coverage that covered damage like dropping it?

I've only lost my phones in 20+ years of owning these things. Guess I've been lucky since I sure have dropped them plenty of times.