I Am A Racer... This Is My Life.

my life,My Sport
You can call me crazy, you can even call me stupid and insane,
But trust me when I say to you, that I want to live my life this way.
Of course I know the risks, And of course I’ve felt the pain,
But it’s just part of Racing, Just another part of the “game”.
Go right ahead and roll your eyes, Shake your head in complete disgust,
I don’t let it get to me, I live for the adrenaline rush.
I live my life looking forward to race day,
For the moment the light goes green,
Sliding,passing,tucking, and drafting, every single thing.
I live for traveling, the dust, and the fumes,
Turning left and going fast,
Grabbing a handful of throttle,
Making that last corner pass.
I live for the wins, the losses, and the learning,
The joking trash talk in the pits,
There ain’t nothin’ better,
No better life than this.
I live my life for all that its worth,
I live each day like it’s my last,
And trust me when I say I know,
That I could lose this life with just one crash.
But if you think that stops me,
or even holds me back,
Then you are the crazy, stupid and insane one,
Because that just is not the fact.
If it’s a crash that takes me away some day,
Nobody should worry about me at all,
Because that’s the way I would choose to die,
I would take it as a special call.
Because how many can truly say,
That they died doing what they love?
At the least I will die happy,
And I can still go on and race above.
So please don’t sit here lecturing me,
Telling me that I should be through,
Because Racing is what makes my life,
It’s the thing I love to do.
So if GOD calls my name,
Someday when I’m out there on the track,
I will take the job with Honor,
And spend my life in heaven going fast.
So PLEASE just walk away,
This is a battle you will NOT win,
FOREVER I will be a RACER,
From now until my end

-Anonymous

love ya dylan... thinkin of you every day. 664

Today we salute you, Mr. Off-roader on the motocross track!

Who's under that helmet? Johnny Campbell? Dave Pearson? Whoever it was just hit that 60-foot step-up on a bike with a license plate.

The motocross kids look up and see a kickstand as you sail overhead, tripling by on your KTM 530 before you proudly use your turn signal to make a block-pass.

A manhole cover of a flywheel weight doesn't stop you from bursting out of corners and monster-trucking into the whoops, as you moto your XR650R in ways it was never intended to be ridden.

Of course you're rock'n the CamelBak and an oversize tank. How else would you finish your four-hour moto?

They won't hear you coming thanks to a 92-db exhaust, but they'll see their own shadow, thanks to your HID headlight.

So here's to you, Mr. Off-roader-on-the-motocross-track. All those flashy moto kids can kiss your 18-inch rear wheel.

Who's under that helmet? Johnny Campbell? Dave Pearson? Whoever it was just hit that 60-foot step-up on a bike with a license plate.

The motocross kids look up and see a kickstand as you sail overhead, tripling by on your KTM 530 before you proudly use your turn signal to make a block-pass.

A manhole cover of a flywheel weight doesn't stop you from bursting out of corners and monster-trucking into the whoops, as you moto your XR650R in ways it was never intended to be ridden.

Of course you're rock'n the CamelBak and an oversize tank. How else would you finish your four-hour moto?

They won't hear you coming thanks to a 92-db exhaust, but they'll see their own shadow, thanks to your HID headlight.

So here's to you, Mr. Off-roader-on-the-motocross-track. All those flashy moto kids can kiss your 18-inch rear wheel.

:lol: that sounds like one of those budlight commercials

WTF .... this is good! :popcorn:

James

Staff member
The other day somebody emailed this to me...

Motocross is not a thing that we do to be popular, make money, or get the girls, but it's something that we do for the love of being on a dirt bike. Those who have never woke up at 6 in the morning to go get ready for practice just dont understand. The countless hours all of us put into this sport is not because we want to be famous, but because we love it. You will never have a bigger addrenaline rush that lining up at the gate with 39 other riders next to you, all wantin the same thing, to win. We all know the risks we're about to take when we ride, but that's what makes the sport so great. If there weren't any risks or skills involved, anyone could be a pro. It is not just catchin a football or hittin a ball with a bat, it is way beyond that. Every time we go down to the track it is like a family bond. Motocross is not just a sport, ITS A WAY OF LIFE. Live to ride, ride to live MOTOCROSS... It's a sport of complete insanity, there's no coaches, no rulebooks, no limits beyond your imagination. A fan sees a personality and watches that personality perform. A fan sees a rider practice and understands pain. BUT a fan will never have to fly through the air pondering which bones take the least amount of time to heal, a fan won't have to choose between a broken back or two broken legs. I've seen riders sit on their bikes, and pray for twenty minutes. I've seen kids with ADHD sit silently for hours just staring at a track. Fear? - a balancing act, between normality and idiocy, it paralizes the majority, but gives clarity to some............motocross

Credit: Landon