husqvarna dirt bike need help to finding out year cc and info

hi i bought this husqvarna dirt bike a week ago it runs and drives good other than it could use a small carb adjustment and new return spring. but when buying it the owner was unsure of what type it was and all the other info. im assuming its a 1978 husqvarna 360 but i want to know for sure. ive tried id ing the engine and frame but im finding it difficult

Frame id.ML 28042

engine id. 2055 and 2065.

any info at all would help

$_27.JPG

$_27 (1).JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
Best bet is to call your local husqvarna dealer. The next step would be to contact husky directly to get the most accurate info.
That's looks to be an all original in good condition as well. Nice find :thumb:

Dealers maybe, but Husqvarna will not help you. Your best bet is to go to a site called cafehusky.com and put the info in there.
Or email the guru himself George Erl. Uptite@sbcglobal.net
Give him those numbers and he will tell you. Tell him I sent you, you'll get a quicker response. I'd ask but I'm in AZ for the week and won't be by his shop for another week or two.

Decent find. That should be pretty close. My 76 engine (still here) looks oretty similar but I am using my phone. Your frame and suspension look like the newer version.
Nice find.

hi i bought this husqvarna dirt bike a week ago it runs and drives good other than it could use a small carb adjustment and new return spring. but when buying it the owner was unsure of what type it was and all the other info. im assuming its a 1978 husqvarna 360 but i want to know for sure. ive tried id ing the engine and frame but im finding it difficult

Frame id.ML 28042

Ok I somehow missed the frame and engine ID numbers you gave, I went back to the site I listed before and oddly enough the frame number ML 22000 tru 30999 belongs to a 1978 125CR.....the engine ID number 2055 belongs to a 1976 360CR and engine number 2065 belongs to a 1979 250CR, if this site can be trusted then there is at least an engine change, and some conflicting info on the engine ID numbers. This I'm sure probably confused you more.

Last edited:

Frame id.ML 28042

Find the vin number either on the frame or near the handlebar mounts on the frame and punch it into google

SRAD97750

Staff member
I think most engine manufacturers stamp the CCs on the cylinder base.
I know my 1977 Kawasaki had the CC emblazoned. -BIG DAN:thumb: