Husqvarna Concept bike

This is in the new OFF ROAD magazine...if you don't get it the bike is totally retro in design however techno in performance. It's a 650cc, fuel injected 4 stroke, I think it is dual sport or at least XC since it has a tail/brake lightn embedded in the back of the seat. The front number plate has holes in it right around where a headlight might go so there may be a light behind it or just vent holes... The write up wasn't that big so it didn't say much about it but I thought it worth putting on here for you (us...:devil:) Husky lovers.....it's called the Concept Baja!!! Here is what it has that they listed.

• 650cc single-cylinder, liquid-cooled, four-stroke engine
  • Five-speed wide-ration transmission
  • Electronic fuel-injection
  • Brembo disc brakes
  • Perimeter frame with progressive linkage swingarm
  • Wheels: 19-inch front, 17-inch rear with intermediate-knobby tires
  • Innovative LED crossbar instrument display
  • Approachable seat height and layout suits wide spectrum of riders

If you click on the picture the write up will come up and the picture will be bigger.

Looks like a perfect replacement for the Honda 650R. However that was a niche bike as well, although popular with desert riders, never had the sales numbers Honda wanted to keep in production.
I like it, if it was plated, would be a keeper, but most concept bikes don't end up in production.
Good find Rez.

Looks like a perfect replacement for the Honda 650R. However that was a niche bike as well, although popular with desert riders, never had the sales numbers Honda wanted to keep in production.
I like it, if it was plated, would be a keeper, but most concept bikes don't end up in production.
Good find Rez.
What advantage would it have on the 650r?

Good find Rez.

I believe they brought back the XL650...still air cooled. I couldn't believe it when I saw it in Malcolm Smiffs NEW bike section for 2012.

Husqvarna-Baja-Concept5.jpg
Husqvarna-Baja-Concept8.jpg
husqvarna_concept_baja-0.jpg
husqvarna_concept_baja-2.jpg
husqvarna_concept_baja-12.jpg
husqvarna_concept_baja-3.jpg
husqvarna_concept_baja.jpg
husqvarna_concept_baja-13.jpg

Seen that tudger a week ago on the Cafe. Besides John, I have too many bikes as it is and having trouble with my trusty steed right now....Still scratching my head and hope to have her fit in a week or so..you boys wana hammer Stoddard or are you into the whole SB thing on that Sunday?