How to remove the color off of dirt bike plastics?

kind of a confusing question I guess... But I just bought a 1996 Honda XR100R. I love the looks and everything but the two side flaps by the seat are both purple and I'm not a big fan of it honestly. It's not that bad, but I'd rather it be white or red to fit the theme of it instead of it having that retro look. If you want you can look up the bike model to see what I'm talking about. Anyways I noticed some of the purple has also came off a little and is white underneath. It isn't scratched it's just come off and I wanted to know if there was a way to remove it all without scratching the plastics up.

kind of a confusing question I guess... But I just bought a 1996 Honda XR100R. I love the looks and everything but the two side flaps by the seat are both purple and I'm not a big fan of it honestly. It's not that bad, but I'd rather it be white or red to fit the theme of it instead of it having that retro look. If you want you can look up the bike model to see what I'm talking about. Anyways I noticed some of the purple has also came off a little and is white underneath. It isn't scratched it's just come off and I wanted to know if there was a way to remove it all without scratching the plastics up.

Probably, a very fine grit sand paper and a lot of patience. Or just lay it over in 3 rd gear on a gravel road.