Other How To: Register your under 300cc enduro without a title in VT

Hey Guys,
Just thought i would share some information on this and go through the process that i completed to register my bike with the state of VT without a title. Hope it helps out! If i missed anything that you may see please point it out and i will edit it!

So how this works is quite simple but at the same time may seem confusing (as it did to me) but i will do my best to explain. The state of Vermont (VT) allows you to register (a.k.a. receive street license plates) any dirt bike with a proper bill of sale if under 300ccs or built 15 years before the current date. There are two sections to this the first being the paper work and the second being legalizing your bike for the road.

SECTION 1
So say you have a 2000 Yamaha TTR 250 (my case) and you want to register it with the state and get a street legal plate, however you have no title. Here are the steps you would take.

1. Print a copy of the bill of sale (DO NOT SEND YOUR ORIGINAL COPY)

2. Fill Out the form #TA-VD-119 sections 1, 2, 3c, 4a, 5b, 6a, 9, and 8

3. Fill out a check for the sales tax, which is 6% of the vehicle price. so if i paid $1000 the tax is $60. There is also registration fee of $44 and a warranty fee of $5. in total that is $109 written out to "Vermont Department of Motor Vehicles". NO CASH it must be a money order or personal/company check

Once you have completed this you can mail all three forms of paperwork to:
VERMONT Department of Motor Vehicles
120 State Street
Montpelier, VT 05602

SECTION 2
So now you have finished the paperwork! :clap: Good job! Now we just have to suit your vehicle for appropriate street use. This should be quite simple. all you have to do is comply to the safety standards set in your state. typically you need DOT approved tires, headlight, tail light, front and rear blinkers, license plate light, mirror and a speedometer. However, that being said, you still should check what your state requires a motorcycle have to cruise the streets.

OTHER IMPORTANT INFORMATION

Lastly, be sure before you head out to make sure that your bike is fit to ride on the roads. IN ADDITION, MAKE SURE THAT YOUR BIKE IS INSURED! All states (i believe) require that all vehicles on the road are insured. These are the penalties you will receive.
Other than that be sure to ride safe and always wear a helmet, protective pants, jacket, and gloves while riding.

:clap:Congratulations:clap:! Once you have completed these steps you have officially registered your bike. Cheers and enjoy the roads! :ride: