How log should i practice before hitting an ORV park?

So i got my first bike (KLX140l) 3 weeks ago but have only been able to properly ride it 2 times and then have ridden it in my yard, i would like to go up to Bundy Hill in michigan but im not sure if im ready or not and just wanna see what people would reccomend.

So i got my first bike (KLX140l) 3 weeks ago but have only been able to properly ride it 2 times and then have ridden it in my yard, i would like to go up to Bundy Hill in michigan but im not sure if im ready or not and just wanna see what people would reccomend.

Get all the basics down first. Uphill starts, breaking, cornering. If you practice most everyday then you'll be ready in a couple weeks.

Aw I say it's gonna be a beating either way so sooner the better. For me at least, lessons best learned are learned the hard way. unless you have a bunch of microwave ovens and loaves of petrified bread in your yard it's going to be hard to practice for. Do your best to protect your bike and yourself and go for it. I'm There's a first time for everything! Good luck!

I think it depends on the park and how much room there is there for beginners. If you can find someplace to ride with a friend that is open to you, I think I would start there, but if the park is really the only real riding you can find, go check it out and see if you are going to feel comfy.

When learning to snow ski many moons ago.
All my buddies said top of the mountain and go!
I did, and by the time I was at the bottom, I had it down. Years of fun many states, parks, and back country after that. Don't think I have been on a mountain with skies or board in over 30 years.
See, you can't fall off a mountain, so just do it.

When learning to snow ski many moons ago.
All my buddies said top of the mountain and go!
I did, and by the time I was at the bottom, I had it down. Years of fun many states, parks, and back country after that. Don't think I have been on a mountain with skies or board in over 30 years.
See, you can't fall off a mountain, so just do it.

They keep proving the part about not falling off of a mountain either isn't true, or isn't "exactly true". google valdez if you are unsure what i mean. as you type it in, pronounce it with long 'e'.

All very sage advice above ^^^^^. Hold your line but, most importantly, replace your stock graphics with some really Sikk stuff. I'm talking serious as cancer Sikk. And remember to have a boatload of fun! :thumb::thumb::thumb:

The advice on those highly desirable mods that Nedge mentioned is something I shouldn't have forgotten. Afterall, when the monthlies do a test on a bike they always put on new ones IMMEDIATELY, set the sag, add exactly one tooth to the rear sprocket (the factories somehow have never caught on that regardless of what they send the bike with, it is always EXACTLY one tooth off), change the tires, and add fuel.

The advice on those highly desirable mods that Nedge mentioned is something I shouldn't have forgotten. Afterall, when the monthlies do a test on a bike they always put on new ones IMMEDIATELY, set the sag, add exactly one tooth to the rear sprocket (the factories somehow have never caught on that regardless of what they send the bike with, it is always EXACTLY one tooth off), change the tires, and add fuel.

Don't forget to change the premix ratio to whatever Amsoil tells you to mix at these days because the engine manufacturer doesn't know what they are doing.