Hot cam or R cam

You can also add an emissions block off kit. That seems to be the popular mod for that bike. http://www.motosport.com/dirtbike/2008-honda-crf250x--APPLIED-EMISSIONS-BLOCKOFF-KIT

Rejetting the carb and opening up the top of the air box are also things to consider.

I just did the pink wire mod, full fmf exhaust (megabomb powercore 4) opened up the air box and changed my front sprocket, went riding with some race 250 2 strokes and a 450 kept up no problem, I've turned my bike basically into an r but I have all the luxuries of an X change the cam, jet it and emissions block of kit I'll before than happy with my bike. The pink wire mod by itself made me happy

sounds like the best of both worlds. i think more people who are cross country or trail would like the stock x better than the R's they usually buy and let set.

sounds like the best of both worlds. i think more people who are cross country or trail would like the stock x better than the R's they usually buy and let set.

Yea it is pretty sweet, super happy with my decision, and plus I got a new bike 2 grand cheaper than a year newer. all the new 14s are different now I have a parts selection going back to 2004. Thanks to everyone on this board/thread for your help lots of ideas and understanding came from yall