Hmmm....

Nope Geek, I didn't see any of it. If you were still members how can you be missed or be traitors for that matter. I mean, if you dis joined or was purposely slamming the site then I can see where they would have the right but if no one was then why would they call you traitors? I only heard of a few here saying they posted some snide remarks over there and got banned. I am just stating the fact that if there wasn't any slamming at all on either part than there wouldn't be an issue. I don't see James trying to scam money from anyone so why would he try stealing customers as the fore mentioned post suggested and no I am not a TTteam but am a member and I haven't bought a single TT logo or item and don't plan to. I am only a freebie kind of guy. I am still raising 2 kids and one adult, my 20yo still lives at home:lol: ,, paying to be a member on any site is just not one of my financial priority's right now. I like both sites and I am not playing favorites by any means.:thumb: I also have never chatted or conversed with the owners over there like I have here so I really can't form a opinion of them so I have no say as to how I think they feel. I do feel that James is a very fair guy am glad he is not banning anyone that is TT and I hate to see his site being treated like this over there. Question I have is,,,is all other sites banned over there and if not, you have to ask why is DBA? Was it something that someone said or did?:prof:
The Team guys just took offense that we went somewhere else. I am not banned as I have not done anything. I just choose not to visit their site anymore.:thumb: Bottom line is that I am happy here and like what James has done and continues to do. TT still has far more tech info and will for some time to come until this site grows. That would be the only reason that I would go there. Definitely not for the banter.:smirk:

James should post a link to the TT store:thumb: I will still buy from them, The b's have treated me well. How do you pay for all the info over there. They have saved me thosands in repair bills.

James should post a link to the TT store:thumb: I will still buy from them, The b's have treated me well. How do you pay for all the info over there. They have saved me thosands in repair bills.

Interesting idea.
TT is a good dirtbike website, especially for technical info, lot of smart guys there. But it is a website set up to promote a business. But why can't the two sites co-exist?
TT has over 250,000 members, and maybe some day DBA will have the same numbers, I find it hard to believe that the 400+ members DBA has right now is considered a threat.
I have bought from the TT store in the past, is it in TT's financial interest to alienate me because I visit dirt bike sites other than theirs?

Don't make me post the "why can't we all get along" photo.

The Team guys just took offense that we went somewhere else. I am not banned as I have not done anything. I just choose not to visit their site anymore.:thumb: Bottom line is that I am happy here and like what James has done and continues to do. TT still has far more tech info and will for some time to come until this site grows. That would be the only reason that I would go there. Definitely not for the banter.:smirk:
I like DBA because everyone is so casual and can talk about anything and chill and have fun without the mods snapping at you. Its just an all around fun place to hang and talk bikes and say some off topic and start a new kewl thing. :prof: You know i think we need to start a why we love DBA rather than a why we hate TT,i mean its an obvious everyone likes DBA more and we all have reasons why, so why not make a ++ thread reather than a -- thread lol

As a small business owner, I would get mad too if some one was in my store handing out flyer's for a different store:rant: I think there would be lawyers involved:prof:

James

Staff member
I wasn't going to touch this topic with a 10 foot pole, however in the interests of keeping this from becoming a total $hitstorm, I'll give some input into this. But don't expect me to respond to any questions as I want to get this behind us so we can all move on in life. :thumb:

Yes it seems that some of our members have been sending PM's to members on other forums. But what Bryan Bosch (part owner of TT) said in a post on TT is false and I'd consider it to be libel (Defamation). We never asked our members to (and I quote) "come to the big forums to spam the hell out of them to drive membership." I'm not sure where he got that information from.

Let me back up a step and tell you how we got there. This past Monday I attempted to log into Team TT to check out a thread I'd posted in, only to find out my account had banned (with no explanation I'll add). So I sent a polite email to Bryan asking why. After which I receive a reply similar to what's in the OP's post, basically that I (DBA) ran a promotion asking members to "spam the hell out of TT". As you all well know I never said that in the referral program and that was never my intention. I was simply asking everyone to tell their friends/riding buddies about us. A lot of the members told each other via phone, email, or in person. But some others started PMing members on other forums and that's where this "issue" started. So in hindsight the referral program might not have been the greatest idea as there's no way to keep our members from trying to get new members off of other forums without actually knowing them. And that's pretty much what my reply was.

The tone in the response I got back seemed to be that they understood the situation and it was time to move on. BTW just so we're clear, I don't have a problem with them banning those users, as TT's rules don't allow for spamming (neither do ours). And I can understand the reason for adding "dirtbikeaddicts" to the word filter, as that's the easiest way to eliminate their problem. However what got me REALLY irritated is when they went and posted what's in the OP's post, AFTER our emails. AND had the balls to say and I quote "As the old saying goes, don't want nuthin, don't start nuthin'". After I'd calmed down I figured it'd be best to just move on and not dwell in the past. So from now on I'm done talking about TT and I hope everyone else is to. No this thread will probably not get closed and no thumpertalk will not be added to our word filter because of this. Oh and before somebody asks, my personal account was banned as a "precaution", just in case I were to ever start spamming on their forum. :thumb:

James

P.S. Ydog has a good idea and I'd also like to hear your responses as to why you like DBA. :thumb: (If you do like us that is :smirk:)
https://www.dirtbikeaddicts.com/forum/off-topic-discussions/1540-thread.html#post26387

In regrades to the Team thread that's been mentioned, I don't think that has anything to do with the current TT issue or the OP's topic and shouldn't be discussed in this thread. However like TBS was saying, don't throw out all the apples just because one's bad. :thumb:

Don't make me post the "why can't we all get along" photo.
Please do. :P

Hold on there WG. You can't stereotype the whole Team TT.
RedRyno is the one who started that lame thread. He isn't even on there anymore since I think he finally figured out everybody was tired of his BS.
You guys can't let one guys BS ruin it for everybody. Nobody was trashing former Team TT members but him.
Timoyz even called him out over there. The general attitude is that you all are missed.
You guys can't come on here and say you didn't spam the hell out of everybody over there. :prof:
How do you think I heard about DBA? I received a pm at Thumpertalk, that's how.
I like you and rack and your guys' crew that's why I'm here.
You are right, I shouldn't have stereotyped and I stand corrected. But it was more than just Red Ryno. Not gonna spend the time going back to see who it was though. I was just surprised after the Team ride when DBA got started, that a few acted the way they did. Now if I had a problem, why would I have helped you with the dez tank thing? I don't hold any hard feelings against anyone including RR. Just never understood why their was an "us vs. them" thing at all. Both sites have their uses and place on the net.:thumb:

My other issue that pissed me off even further, was that some of the "infractions" that happened were for no good reason. After my 1st and only infraction was that no one (moderator or mgmt.) would talk to me. That was the final straw for me.:ride:

I like DBA because everyone is so casual and can talk about anything and chill and have fun without the mods snapping at you. Its just an all around fun place to hang and talk bikes and say some off topic and start a new kewl thing. :prof: You know i think we need to start a why we love DBA rather than a why we hate TT,i mean its an obvious everyone likes DBA more and we all have reasons why, so why not make a ++ thread reather than a -- thread lol

I have trouble believing you are 13. Are you sure you are just not looking on here for an older male relationship?:lol::lol:

On the serious side. You are wise beyond your years. Great post.:thumb:

I wasn't going to touch this topic with a 10 foot pole, however in the interests of keeping this from becoming a total $hitstorm, I'll give some input into this. But don't expect me to respond to any questions as I want to get this behind us so we can all move on in life. :thumb:

Yes it seems that some of our members have been sending PM's to members on other forums. But what Bryan Bosch (part owner of TT) said in a post on TT is false and I'd consider it to be libel (Defamation). We never asked our members to (and I quote) "come to the big forums to spam the hell out of them to drive membership." I'm not sure where he got that information from.

Let me back up a step and tell you how we got there. This past Monday I attempted to log into Team TT to check out a thread I'd posted in, only to find out my account had banned (with no explanation I'll add). So I sent a polite email to Bryan asking why. After which I receive a reply similar to what's in the OP's post, basically that I (DBA) ran a promotion asking members to "spam the hell out of TT". As you all well know I never said that in the referral program and that was never my intention. I was simply asking everyone to tell their friends/riding buddies about us. A lot of the members told each other via phone, email, or in person. But some others started PMing members on other forums and that's where this "issue" started. So in hindsight the referral program might not have been the greatest idea as there's no way to keep our members from trying to get new members off of other forums without actually knowing them. And that's pretty much what my reply was.

The tone in the response I got back seemed to be that they understood the situation and it was time to move on. BTW just so we're clear, I don't have a problem with them banning those users, as TT's rules don't allow for spamming (neither do ours). And I can understand the reason for adding "dirtbikeaddicts" to the word filter, as that's the easiest way to eliminate their problem. However what got me REALLY irritated is when they went and posted what's in the OP's post, AFTER our emails. AND had the balls to say and I quote "As the old saying goes, don't want nuthin, don't start nuthin'". After I'd calmed down I figured it'd be best to just move on and not dwell in the past. So from now on I'm done talking about TT and I hope everyone else is to. No this thread will probably not get closed and no thumpertalk will not be added to our word filter because of this. Oh and before somebody asks, my personal account was banned as a "precaution", just in case I were to ever start spamming on their forum. :thumb:

James

P.S. Ydog has a good idea and I'd also like to hear your responses as to why you like DBA. :thumb: (If you do like us that is :smirk:)
https://www.dirtbikeaddicts.com/forum/off-topic-discussions/1540-thread.html#post26387

In regrades to the Team thread that's been mentioned, I don't think that has anything to do with the current TT issue or the OP's topic and shouldn't be discussed in this thread. However like TBS was saying, don't throw out all the apples just because one's bad. :thumb:

Chicken.:P:P:wave:

Don't threaten me, pal
CantWeAllGetAlong.jpg

Good post James.
Can't wait for the t-shirt to arrive, should be some good non spam advertising for DBA.

I have trouble believing you are 13. Are you sure you are just not looking on here for an older male relationship?:lol::lol:

On the serious side. You are wise beyond your years. Great post.:thumb:

Thank you both :thumb:

Dear Mr.Weathergeek, i would be please to inform you that i, myself hope to be accompianed by a fine younger woman around the age of 13. Best regards :lol::smirk:

James, that is good imput, everything you said. Nothing clears things up more than advise from a adminastrator. Now everyone who dosen't agree raise your hands. Now you may be banned. :lol::P