hmm....

Usually you can actually clean plastic tanks. I usually take the option of cleaning the entire tank if I have issues. With age plastic can start generating gunk, but a bigger problem is usually the petcock and fuel pickup. However, metal tanks rust and are the worst. I have been forced to use filters on old street bikes with metal tanks. I've also had to use a filter on an old plastic tank. It was that or get stuck on the side of the trail with a carb issue.

Well I went to the auto parts store and bought more hose to re-install just from the petcock to the carb. Well I saw another filter and noticed that my previous filter was 1/4 outer but 1/8 interior. The new filter was 1/4 in. throughout. So I went ahead and bought it and installed it. I will test it and see how she runs.
Here is a pic. My newest question now with the larger filter on, now I can see the fuel better. The question is, is the entire filter supposed to be filled up with fuel ? Like in the pic, it only fills up 1/4 to 1/2 way ?? Thanks.
20140302_190513.jpg

They do that. The float stopped up the flow of course and you get an air picket sometime. Probably if you tap on it , it may fill the rest if the way. Very robust looking setup!

They do that. The float stopped up the flow of course and you get an air picket sometime. Probably if you tap on it , it may fill the rest if the way. Very robust looking setup!
Do you think the robustness :wink: looks good ?
I did tap on it and will continue to then. So it should fill up ?

It should when the engine is running and the gloat opens up. They nag always trap some air. Did you take it lose from the carb and check to make sure it does flow? The best test is probably just ride it.

It should when the engine is running and the gloat opens up. They nag always trap some air. Did you take it lose from the carb and check to make sure it does flow? The best test is probably just ride it.
No just made the connection, opened the petcock up and watched it fill 1/2 way. Started her up and it just vibrated. Will test run her tomorrow. Try to get her in 4th somewhere around here. I live in the city....

Hmmmm.... I don't like it...

I'd put a piece of hose on it and call it a cigrit... Make sure the tank is clean, pull the petcock out and clean it..Then from now on make sure you put fresh clean fuel in it.

If you are still having problem, Pull the line off the carb and turn the fuel on make sure its running out good.