Hi Dez Ride Report 12-11, A Little Blood.

James

Staff member
:thumb: Nice report, glad it didn't turn out worst. :ride:

But I will listen to recommendations for elbow guards that are comfortable and stay in place, is there such a thing?
Don't bash me but have you ever thought about an under-the-jersey-protector? This is what I wore at the desert. The suit keeps everything in place.

Six Six One Pressure Suit
08PRESSURESUIT.jpg

For the track I have a version without the elbow pads.

2011_CORESAVER.jpg
I posted the gown photo because if you ride a dirtbike, you have worn, or will wear "the gown of shame."
:lol: So true, unfortunately some wear it more then others. :bonk: :cripple:

Don't bash me but have you ever thought about an under-the-jersey-protector? This is what I wore at the desert. The suit keeps everything in place.

No bashing here James, I am always interested in other opinions.
I actually bought an inexpensive pressure suit off of Amazon, kinda nice, but even though it is an XXL, it's more a medium in size, I think it will be on the DBA for sale page shortly. My Skeletools vest works good, vents good in the summer and the shoulder pads prevented my shoulder injury being a lot worse.
I don't really like wearing long sleeves while riding, but the elbow guards aren't doing me much good if they are in the truck, but I guess I will start wearing them. But if anyone has recommendations for elbow guards that are comfortable and don't move around too much, I would like to know.

Looks like a fun day of riding besides the crash. I wonder what the story is with that house? Awesome view but dang that's in the middle of nowhere.

James

Staff member
Awesome view but dang that's in the middle of nowhere.
:lol: I'm guessing that you've never been to the desert before? I hadn't and those pictures of me failing don't lie, it's like a fish out of water. You're sitting in camp waiting to go riding and somebody points out this mountain (to me :P) about 10 miles out to the West. Then tells you that we'll end up there, oh and we departed to the East. :shocked: Figure that out. :smirk:

It's a blast though, if you ever get the chance do it, pictures/video don't do it justice. :ride:

Looks like a fun day of riding besides the crash. I wonder what the story is with that house? Awesome view but dang that's in the middle of nowhere.
The desert is known for its stark beauty especially at dusk and dawn. It has some of the best sunrises/sunsets of anywhere on the planet I think.:ride:

I don't really like wearing long sleeves while riding, but the elbow guards aren't doing me much good if they are in the truck, but I guess I will start wearing them. But if anyone has recommendations for elbow guards that are comfortable and don't move around too much, I would like to know.

I've found that wearing them under your jersey keeps them in place, most of the time.

Ooooh, that sucks Rick. I have a full 'balistic' suit now, and don't get the bloody stuff any more, just the shoulder separations and the hyper-extensions.....!

Heal quick - fell better.