2 Stroke Help for a Newbie

Hey guys,

I have somewhat of a long going issue with my Honda CR85R Expert model. It started when I brought it over to my ex's house, I know, great start. But anyway, after a week or so of riding at her place, my bike broke down. Being that my ex's sisters boyfriend was an expert in dirt bike mechanics, he helped me diagnose the issue. It turned out being that I needed to replace my stator and coil spring. So, I bought the parts and of course, as my ex's sisters boyfriend was fixing my bike with the parts, my ex became my ex. All of a sudden I was left with a somewhat put together bike and with my lack of any knowledge, I have no idea how to fix it...

Any help will be so greatly appreciated. I'm good with work on mechanical things, I just have no knowledge of dirt bikes yet. Please help. :(

pcdPHBB2GP03T1be3S9TL2lSG038-_0S_PM7Nur2P64=w768-h576-no

Here is what I was left with... I don't know where to begin or what to do. Please, forgive my newbieness.

wow, you're almost there....
You'll have to pull the flywheel off (you'll need a flywheel puller) then each one of those tabs with the bolt hole bolts to the stator plate and then just feed it through the case..... A service manual should be your 1st purchase before going any further though..

Are those bolts easy to come by? When I got it back, I got it with those six bolts missing...
You can easily order those from any online motorcycle store or just go to lowes and get some. I belive they are m6x1.0, but i would check before you buy them

For free microfiche access for you're bike or any Honda, Kawasaki, Suzuki or Yamaha head to
CMSNL.com and select your bike from the list and this will give you every assembly or sub-assembly fiche and price and availability, They are based in Holland and supply mostly OEM stock but they ain't cheap so in another window have PARTZILLA.COM open and take the part number from CMSNL and run it through the little search bar at the top of the PARTZILLA home page and they will tell you every model and year the said part was fitted to allowing a broader search field for your bits and bolts !!!!!! And they're bout 60% cheaper than cmsnl or Honda for the same Oem part.
It helped me no end! :thumb:
Hope it helps you at some point! :prof: Lol

For free microfiche access for you're bike or any Honda, Kawasaki, Suzuki or Yamaha head to
CMSNL.com and select your bike from the list and this will give you every assembly or sub-assembly fiche and price and availability, They are based in Holland and supply mostly OEM stock but they ain't cheap so in another window have PARTZILLA.COM open and take the part number from CMSNL and run it through the little search bar at the top of the PARTZILLA home page and they will tell you every model and year the said part was fitted to allowing a broader search field for your bits and bolts !!!!!! And they're bout 60% cheaper than cmsnl or Honda for the same Oem part.
It helped me no end! :thumb:
Hope it helps you at some point! :prof: Lol
How you doing with you're bike?:ride:

It's going well! I got the parts maybe a week ago, I've been on it whenever I have the time. The snow is killing me right now. -__-