Helmet Communication and Sound Systems help needed please

OK, so I took the plunge and got some shark gen 2 units. They work great, as long as I'm no more than 30mph on the WR400 or 65 on the DR650. When hooked up to full duplex with another rider it's just like any regular conversation, no button to push, just talk.
The music is OK, but hard to hear after 70.
I wonder what others have done. I'm thinking of an amp and upgraded speakers. I need to keep the microphone capability, so the music amp only wont work.
I'm sure there's a few that have already crossed this bridge.
Any thoughts or advice would definitely be appreciated.
Thanks in advance.

How far do those work? I want a radio most for those times when the someone misses a turn and is now a mile away. I just don't see how bluetooth can do that. I've picked up some VHF/UHF radios that I'm going to try. I have a Baofeng UV-3R and a UV-5R. The uv-3r is smaller, but only 2 watts instead of 4 watts for the uv-5r. These will many miles if there isn't a mountain in the way. They are about $40 and $60.

For speakers/mic there are motorcycle kits for these radios for about $25 each. I've not yet

There are some channels known as MURS around 150MHz where you don't need a ham license. Bluetooth has zero go around the mountain capability. It's either clear line of sight or nothing. The MURS frequency will bend around the mountain at least a little and clear line of sight those radios could go 100 miles.

BaoFeng-UV-5R-Series-Newest-Model-UV-5RE-5W-128CH-VHF-UHF-Dual-Band-portable-two.jpg

I didn't even think of two ways. Trying to tune a VOX would be rough, so a old fashion keyed mike would have to work.
The frequency determines the range characteristics. AM will follow the curve of the earth, but get absorbed quicker, FM and higher is straight line, so you could bounce off the ionosphere for greater range, given same output wattage.
There's sure to be a unit somewhere that will control multiple outputs, but your still probably talking cables plugged into it and then one connected to the speakers.
Then there's the mounting issues. I wonder if just a holster for the hand unit wouldn't be the easiest solution.
Heh, I can just see a dirt bike with electronics mounted across a bar above the handlebars , you'd need to install an extra battery, trick out the stator, and run dual regulators. It would pretty much destroy the low profile. Might as well put a 600 watt speaker bank on each side of the electronics array. roflmao.. you'd be pimpin..
As for the units I got, you are correct, it is pretty much line of sight only. We were able to hear each other but very garbled when we rode parallel one block apart, then it got clear when we were line of sight again.
So the ones I have won't work if someone is a mile away in a forest, unless there is cell coverage, the we could just call.
You could just take a hand held CB and run the output through an amp. In the military we used single side band AM with 1000 Watt output, and could talk half way around the world on a good day. The only problem with that is the amp will draw a ton of power and it's illegal, you could blow out local receivers. It used to be common on truckers with the old 23 channel. I haven't kept up with the technology in 20 years, and my HAM license expired a long time ago.

I'm still going to look up those radios, throw a set in the hydro backpack. Could really save the day.

The UV-3 is pretty small. Small enough that the radio could be attached to your helmet with velcro or better dual-lock. The 5 might be a bit too big for that. Those radios use lithium batteries so they are rather light.

These are really ham radios. If you are so inclined a ham license is a lot easier now that you don't need to do Morse code. These radios cover 136-174 and 400-470. For what they cost they are amazing. A similar Japanese radio like an Icom has an extra digit in the price. They are nicer, but I'd cry if I smashed one. For $40 it's disposable.

The UV-3 is pretty small. Small enough that the radio could be attached to your helmet with velcro or better dual-lock. The 5 might be a bit too big for that. Those radios use lithium batteries so they are rather light.

These are really ham radios. If you are so inclined a ham license is a lot easier now that you don't need to do Morse code. These radios cover 136-174 and 400-470. For what they cost they are amazing. A similar Japanese radio like an Icom has an extra digit in the price. They are nicer, but I'd cry if I smashed one. For $40 it's disposable.

Just looked those units up. Wow, a definite must have for exploring.
I didn't realize they dropped the morse code requirement. That's what kept me from renewing once the 10 year expired. I was barely able to pass the novice with 5wpm back then.
I stopped using the 3 meter when cellular came out.
Thanks for the heads up. No to sound corney, but one of these units could save someones life in a hard crash situation. All the time you hear of someone not surviving a fall, animal attack, or seizure because a friend had to run several miles to get cell service before contacting help.
These units cost the same as a SPOT, it's a no brainer.

For speakers/mic there are motorcycle kits for these radios for about $25 each. I've not yet

There are some channels known as MURS around 150MHz where you don't need a ham license. Bluetooth has zero go around the mountain capability. It's either clear line of sight or nothing. The MURS frequency will bend around the mountain at least a little and clear line of sight those radios could go 100 miles.

Wow, that post started an "adventure".
I ordered three units.
The web page appearance implied to me it was an American site.
Unfortunately, that was not the case.
Fortunately, I used PayPal.
After many emails, phone calls, and frustrations, I finally have the units and programming software.
Just goes to show, cheapest isn't always best, and always research any site before ordering.

I downloaded a repeater site list for WA state, and will program in the 5 MURS frequencies on the presets.
Only prob is now I feel obligated and am going to retest for tech then general.
Even after Boy Scouts and Radio Operator training in the Army the best I could do was 5wpm morse.
And that was 50% accurate at best.

Anyway, thanks again for the lead, I think these are definitely the best bet for wilderness exploring.

As long as you are sure to know which repeater is closest before taking off, this is without doubt the best chance to get help if something bad happens.

i too have the scala but getting mine to connect to others seems to be such a hassle i dont ever bother... the things are still sitting in my gear bag