Hello!

Hey guys I'm pretty serious about enduro racing and I've participated in a few local ones. I ride a 2012 WR250f and love it. I just recently got an 86 KDX200 as a beater bike and it's faster than I thought, 2 strokes woot woot. So I don't have to make another thread, for those of you that have some knowledge about KDX's; would side panels from an 89 fit at all? Mine seems to be missing them. My back fender is trash too. Would an 89 fender fit? The reason I ask is ther's an 89 parts bike on craigslist and I have the opportunity to buy those items but I don't want to get them home and realize I just wasted 75$. Thanks guys. I look forward to participating in the forum more.

The 89 KDX200 parts will not fit the 86 KDX200.

The correct side panels are on ebay for $60 for both.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/RIGHT-SIDE-...Parts_Accessories&hash=item20cf40d132&vxp=mtr
And the fenders should be procurable through UFO or ACERBIS. I don't see any on Ebay at this time.

Great bike, super light, snappy engine. Welcome to the forum! -BIG DAN:thumb:

They wouldn't even fit with modifications? I'm buying a front brake system from they guy as well so if it can be done then I don't have to wait for shipping and what not.

James, I would snap a few pics but it's in about a hundred pieces in my garage atm ha ha. I just came across this site on google when I was doing some research.

SRAD97750

Staff member
Front brakes will most likely work on both models.

But for the side panels...
1986 side panel
86kdx200-side-shot-300w.jpg

1989 side panel
89kdx20004.jpg

Subframes are totally different.
I am 99% sure they will not fit. -BIG DAN:thumb:

Front brakes will most likely work on both models.

But for the side panels...
1986 side panel
86kdx200-side-shot-300w.jpg

1989 side panel
89kdx20004.jpg

Subframes are totally different.
I am 99% sure they will not fit. -BIG DAN:thumb:

Thanks. Yeah, the brakes should fit from what I've read. I bought it and the whole master cylinder was seized. I couldn't with all my strength break it loose ha ha. Seeing as how I don't have a back fender I think, I'm gonna rig something up with the existing mounts.

Nice, love the KDX's I own one my self although I never ride it. My oldest stole it and won't ever switch me bike when we're out riding. :pout: He's scared shitless on my bike :eek: :smirk:

BTW Welcome :wave:

My KDX is toned down a bit with a FWW and it's still pretty stout. It'll stand right up on you if you aint carefull. But what I like is it will tractor up a hill like it was 4poke.