Head-on Collision

Head on on a bike, vehicle, jogging, etc.???
Auto, 14+ years ago at 55 MPH, walked away, not my fault, didn't get SHIT out of lawsuit. Lawer got rich.

He explained himself on thumpertalk. good explanation, late. young, in college, coming up with a system using cell phones to alert riders of an approaching rider who is also on the same system. few received it well. Starting out like you are an ambulance chaser seems to do that to people. Maybe he learned a better approach to go with his product development. This is just me paraphrasing. He seemed to decide it was for a younger more informed group than the one that responded over there, so I am guessing he is going to really think he got ignorant geriatrics here.

1977 I had a head on collision with another dirt bike on a private track on a weekday afternoon. The other rider was not a member. He cut the fence and came onto the track riding the wrong way while I was out on the track. He was coming to a jump I had just jumped and we hit head on. It was a bad hit. Broke is bike in half and bent my front forks back to the foot pegs. They hauled him off to the hospital and I was ok when I came to about 1/2 hour later. I was lucky my wife was with me. That guy never rode again as he was really busted up. The track owner filed charges against him and then the track closed down a few months later.

1977 I had a head on collision with another dirt bike on a private track on a weekday afternoon. The other rider was not a member. He cut the fence and came onto the track riding the wrong way while I was out on the track. He was coming to a jump I had just jumped and we hit head on. It was a bad hit. Broke is bike in half and bent my front forks back to the foot pegs. They hauled him off to the hospital and I was ok when I came to about 1/2 hour later. I was lucky my wife was with me. That guy never rode again as he was really busted up. The track owner filed charges against him and then the track closed down a few months later.
That sounds like a horrible thing. But thats why tracks get shut down. ONE IDIOT!

The only close calls I have had that way are from quads who just can't see that everyone is running the SAME direction on an MX course. Something about the extra two wheels that allows numskulls to be able to ride, but of course they still can't form a cognitive response to what should be a normal situation. We should quit doing nature's job by designing products like that.

Last edited: