Haven't ROAD SINCE 13

IF YOU WANT TO SKIP READING JUMP THE THE LINE THAT SAYS
~~~~~///~~~~#123#~~~~\\\~~~~

I WANT A DIRT BIKE, PERIOD, I do like all bikes but dirt bikes are my favorite always have been I've road a few of my friends bikes from Miami but still think I prefer dirt bikes.

So I have no idea what to look for in a bike when buying I don't intend to purchase one brand new BUT, I do kinda know what I intend to be doing with it.
I intend to be riding around (in town more so than off road/Still intend to ride dirt when I can~~~EVEN if it means swapping tires but if I don't have to that's preferable~~)

I live in rhode island so I think we have a lot less tracks(or free spots than most other states~[Although i could be mistaken]~

So I would prefer a dirt bike heard somewhere moto tires would be better for doing both it said when he had 50/50's he was going through tires once every 2-3 weeks (but he said he was riding a lot to work and just for enjoyment)

~~~~~///~~~~#123#~~~~\\\~~~~

LONG STORY SHORT
I WANT A DIRT BIKE
TO Legally ride on street/on dirt
Not sure what to look for
Obviously looking for quality performance between both
If I HAVE to choose which part I want the higher end of (BEING DIRT OR STREET)
Please link me to examples of each Please and thanks you

OR/OR/OR/OR IF YOU HAVE TIME PRO's/CON'S OF EACH ON/OFF ROAD
(EITHER INDIVIDUALLY (COMBINED BIKE) OR SEPARATE BIKES

NOTE: I AM NOW 22 YEARS OLD
ABOUT 6 FEET
AND ABOUT 160-162

Last edited:
Honda XR600
Suzuki drz400
Yamaha Wr450
Suzuki Dr650
Kawasaki Klx650

These are just a few you can go look at. There are tons more of you google "dual-sport motorcycle".

it comes down to what you want to spend. i have a dual sport that is more road oriented. i have street bikes too. I have full on dirt bikes. from a money and simplicity point of view it would be easier to buy a medium sized street bike and a dirt bike since you are not planning on buying new. you can better cover both areas. for woods that i have seen in the ne I would not be looking for any of your choices and would be headed in the direction of a wr250f, crfx250, or a two stroke mx bike or offroad version not larger than 300 cc's. if you found a kdx 200/220 or even a suzuki rmx for a reasonable price i would not hesitate. all doable for around 5 k including a road bike.