Happyjack/ flagstaff Ridin' SO FUN! AND a gnarly wire incident!!

oh yeah. It sucked getting it out... at least this didn't damage anything haha :thumb:

Yea, I didn't see the wire fence until it was too late and couldn't stop in time. I was locked up all the way into the fence, it stopped the bike but I wound up going over the bars.....in slow motion. :crazy:

ive had some bad experience with wires in the trail,tangled up in my frotn and back tires and launched me, spent 2 hours cutting it all off, a few years ago around here someone got there head decapitated while riding on a trail they werent suppost to be on, it was hanging at neck height across 2 trees

ive had some bad experience with wires in the trail,tangled up in my frotn and back tires and launched me, spent 2 hours cutting it all off, a few years ago around here someone got there head decapitated while riding on a trail they werent suppost to be on, it was hanging at neck height across 2 trees

I neglected to include the fence I hit was the boundry fence that seperated the riding area from the "coumpound" (bike parking/trailer storage) at the campground we were staying at. The place I did it was towards the front, knew it was there however me and a couple buddies were racing back and I wasn't about to let up until I passed em. I did but I went a little too far...I locked up the rear, went down thru a wash up the other side across about 50' of flat dirt and hit the fence. The guy running the park came running out to see if I was ok along with a couple of dads...once they learned i was fine they all said boy are you one fast sumbitch but a little reckless and man if I only had my video camera...that was awesome............the crash, not the race! :prof: :focus:

I once had a length of telephone pole guywire wrap around my back wheel, took about 30 minutes to cut/unwrap using a cheesy pair of vice grips.
Looks like a nice area to ride, thanks for the report. Maybe some senior DBA'ers will get off their butts and start posting some ride reports as well.....

:devil:

wow.. gnarly wire stories!!! makes mine sound like just a little dinky stop off.. haha. I guess any wire is a B**** though.. and yeah, riding's really great out there. It reminds me of Kennedy meadows a lot.

I once had a length of telephone pole guywire wrap around my back wheel, took about 30 minutes to cut/unwrap using a cheesy pair of vice grips.
Looks like a nice area to ride, thanks for the report. Maybe some senior DBA'ers will get off their butts and start posting some ride reports as well.....

:devil:
Look what the cat dragged out.:moon::thumb:

I woulda been mad had the wire got all twisted up in my rim like that, the closest thing that's happened me like that is some how a stick went through my frame and wrapped around my hub several times and it certainly didn't eject me off the bike, hope the rest of the ride turned out great :thumb: