Got off easy

Well I drained to oil out of the gear case and to my surprise it didnt come out milky like I had anticipated it would because of my suspected water pump seal failure. So I refilled the gear box (it needed it anyway). Then started looking at all my radiator hoses. Couldnt find anything. So I fired up the bike and let her warm up. Then I started looking as things started getting warm. Then I noticed not a leak but just an ever so slight seep, coming from the impeller housing. Panic set in as I thought that the case was crack. Upon further inspection I found a loose radiator hose clamp that goes into the top of the water pump housing. But its really hard to see because its sorta hidden by the expansion chamber of the exhaust pipe.:picard::doh:. Well I made the mistake of try to retighten the clamp while the bike was still running. Grabbed the hose to reseat it better and took as bath in radiator fluid. But now the bike has fresh gear oil and fresh coolant. Looks like I'll be riding this weekend and Memorial weekend.

Now I have a small delema. Should I return all new impeller parts I just ordered. Or sit on them for just in case?

James

Staff member
Sit on the parts but keep them sealed in the packaging, just in case you need to sell them (you'll get more for them). :thumb: