Go Pro 3D HERO Expansion Kit

Dang there's some cool stuff on there. :thumb: There's one thing I still want and that's the chest mount. :ride:

I like the idea of the chest mount. However after watching some video of a Go Pro on a chest mount I wasnt very impressed. There was lots of extra noise from the camera bouncing around off the roost guard. That and the camera bouncing around was pretty annoying also. Maybe the rider didnt have the harness tightend up enough. Its a good idea but I wont be investing in it.

Also there was mention of losing your camera to a tree branch or whatever. Ive thought about this and my fix is to tie a lanyard to the thumb screw where the water proof case mounts. Atleast this way if my idea fails whatever is left will whip around and make me aware my loss. So maybe I can find it.

someone from DBA posts vids and he uses a chest mount without all the shake. im guessing that person just didnt have it tight enough.

James

Staff member
I like the idea of the chest mount. However after watching some video of a Go Pro on a chest mount I wasnt very impressed. There was lots of extra noise from the camera bouncing around off the roost guard. That and the camera bouncing around was pretty annoying also. Maybe the rider didnt have the harness tightend up enough. Its a good idea but I wont be investing in it.
Huh all the ones I've seen didn't have those issues, like you said it's probably just how it was mounted. :noidea:
Also there was mention of losing your camera to a tree branch or whatever. Ive thought about this and my fix is to tie a lanyard to the thumb screw where the water proof case mounts. Atleast this way if my idea fails whatever is left will whip around and make me aware my loss. So maybe I can find it.
Never thought of that, this way if you do get the camera knocked off, it can just hang off you helmet until you figure it out. :lol::thumb: