Gimme some odds on this

Hey! just curious, what do you think the odds are of a front axle nut "falling off" a bike that has about 4 hours of riding after a tire change and the nut was tightened really well after the tire change(and the bike has been sitting for a year)?

can't say why I wanna know, but lemme know!

Well, it wasn't really tight although you said it was, or someone came along and loosened. I have lost bolts out on the trail even though I know for a fact I tighten them. But mainly kick start bolts.

Hey! just curious, what do you think the odds are of a front axle nut "falling off" a bike that has about 4 hours of riding after a tire change and the nut was tightened really well after the tire change(and the bike has been sitting for a year)?

can't say why I wanna know, but lemme know!

This sounds like it may have involved CDA. I wanted to get a dirt nap so I loosened the front wheel hoping it would fall off so I could get my pic. :devil:

I call it vengeful and childish:BS: You are no dummy and karma will be served:hifive:All that matters is YOU have the bike in your posession now. Good to see :wave:you post up Plush. I look forward to hearing about some rides. Hey, post up that pic of the Tandoori chicken in the food thread:drool: That was an amazing spread! Sorry for the thread derail now back to topic...So is it time yet for the single and ready to mingle dance?:thinking::banana: :clap:
Opps, sorry again, what I meant is ya, doesnt seem likely it would happen by itself.

This sounds like it may have involved CDA. I wanted to get a dirt nap so I loosened the front wheel hoping it would fall off so I could get my pic. :devil:
:thinking: Is that why my wheel was wobbling? So far though it has not fallen off. Keep that camera handy:moon:

:focus:

I have heard of a couple Baja racers losing their front axle nut while racing in Baja, but never losing the wheel. I have lost the rear axle nut on my KX500 years ago and lost the rear axle tapped down a high speed section :wow:. So it is possible to have a nut back off from the vibration. That is why you need to run a locking nut.

:thinking: Is that why my wheel was wobbling? So far though it has not fallen off. Keep that camera handy:moon:

:focus:

I have heard of a couple Baja racers losing their front axle nut while racing in Baja, but never losing the wheel. I have lost the rear axle nut on my KX500 years ago and lost the rear axle tapped down a high speed section :wow:. So it is possible to have a nut back off from the vibration. That is why you need to run a locking nut.

:prof:

very probable. you would be amazed at how the bolt you fought tooth and nail getting out wiggles out while riding :prof:
When I put my fmf pipe on, it took lots of persuasion to get one of the header bolts out of the head, finally did, replaced it, and 2 weeks later, that same bolt fell out while riding.

thanks Sun, yeah I think it's kinda weird a bunch of bolts walked away when the bike was sitting :rant:

yeah, dancing already(um, I mean, yes def mingling with my dear friends :thumb:), it'll take time to make it legal tho ha!:moon::banana:

thanks Sun, yeah I think it's kinda weird a bunch of bolts walked away when the bike was sitting :rant:

yeah, dancing already(um, I mean, yes def mingling with my dear friends :thumb:), it'll take time to make it legal tho ha!:moon::banana:

Hold on hold on...reading between the lines,.................I think I got it. You've been wheel chair ridden, are from another country and have lost your passport! :thumb: