Giant Praying Mantis...

So this praying mantis has been hanging out on my screen door for over a month now... haven't had that many around before so it's been kinda cool.
IMG168.jpg

Went out today and saw a june bug so i thought i'd see what happened when i put them by each other. Well without a warning the mantis grabbed the june bug right off my finger and started munching down on it like crazy, only took about 2min to eat the head and start on the body!
IMG169.jpg

IMG170.jpg

Did not expect that to happen at all...lol.

lol thats pretty cool. never seen a white one b4, around here they are all green. they look really wired when you stare at their heads.

So this praying mantis has been hanging out on my screen door for over a month now... haven't had that many around before so it's been kinda cool.
IMG168.jpg

Went out today and saw a june bug so i thought i'd see what happened when i put them by each other. Well without a warning the mantis grabbed the june bug right off my finger and started munching down on it like crazy, only took about 2min to eat the head and start on the body!
IMG169.jpg

IMG170.jpg

Did not expect that to happen at all...lol.
Very cool pics of your Mom holding that Mantis Red. :thumb: Now go get a baseball bat and whack it. :prof:

That's a rather cool mellow mantis. When they get big they can have a certain aversion to being handled. Those big mandibles are quite effective at making you bleed.

Of all the bugs that I know the mantis is the only one that you can tell is looking at you.

That's a rather cool mellow mantis. When they get big they can have a certain aversion to being handled. Those big mandibles are quite effective at making you bleed.

Of all the bugs that I know the mantis is the only one that you can tell is looking at you.

Normally Cleo gives excellent advice but, I have to interject here. I once told a Mantis, "Is looking at you." That little prick took one look at me and bit my pinky finger off and then hip-tossed me in a dumpster. Never, ever tell a Mantis, "Is looking at you." It's just plain dangerous. :prof: Oh and, you're welcome for this informative and insightful post. :thumb:

Normally Cleo gives excellent advice but, I have to interject here. I once told a Mantis, "Is looking at you." That little prick took one look at me and bit my pinky finger off and then hip-tossed me in a dumpster. Never, ever tell a Mantis, "Is looking at you." It's just plain dangerous. :prof: Oh and, you're welcome for this informative and insightful post. :thumb:

:lol::lol: