fu#* more time off the bike

well, I just got off crutches. I have been on them for 8 weeks, due to a fractured tibia, or so the doctor thought. It turns out I also have a torn miniscus, and will be going in for a MRI sometime soon :rolleyes: hopefully I wont need surgery...

well, I just got off crutches. I have been on them for 8 weeks, due to a fractured tibia, or so the doctor thought. It turns out I also have a torn miniscus, and will be going in for a MRI sometime soon :rolleyes: hopefully I wont need surgery...

Hey... That sucks! I know what a torn meniscus is like...ouch. good thing you're ACL is in tact... That's a pain... literally and figuratively.

If your minicus is only partially torn (up to 90%) below is an alternative to surgery. My Husband did it for his shoulder and he is completely healed and he couldnt even wave his hand.

This is the Doctor in Santa Monica he went to. Tell the Doctor and nurses Patrick Doran sent you. It's better then surgery!
http://www.drfields.com/

Sorry about your set back. Best wishes on recovery.

That seems like a good option, but is a bit of a drive from Santa Paula...

Personally, I think a few trips to SM is worth avoiding surgery BUT, to each their own.

This doctor has trained other doctors around the country. Perhaps there is one in SP, but doubt it.

Again, best wishes to you.