250F Front Master Cylinder

So we get ready to go riding and the day before I notice the front brake on 250F is not working at all. I pull the caliper and check it all out and nothing is frozen, there is simply no brake pressure. I tried to bleed the line but that is a joke with the small amount of lever movement. :rant: There was no pressure coming from the master cylinder so I call 3 Yamaha dealers and none of them have a rebuild kit. :foul: I call a small shop in my area and he says to bring it in and he will have a look. Turns out there was some small air bubble in the line but the main problem was the master cylinder was all gummed up and dirty from old fluid, etc. He spent close to 45 minutes bleeding and flushing the system until it worked perfectly and charged me $25. I now have a new place to go if and when I need something done.

many of these issues can be fixed by tying the lever to the bar with a zipty ovr nite, turn the bars left so the master is the high point, tap the line a little once or twice over an hour or two period and the bubbles rise up and into the master and it is fixed.

many of these issues can be fixed by tying the lever to the bar with a zipty ovr nite, turn the bars left so the master is the high point, tap the line a little once or twice over an hour or two period and the bubbles rise up and into the master and it is fixed.

This is true but this was beyond that trick. Too gummed up and dirty for that to work.