For all the Dirt track haters, another DTX conversion

wheres the flat tracking pics with the jumps/rollers and stuff... that stuff is cool. just left turns makes me wanna drink cheap beer and beat my GF.
Eat my dick, Im 18 & a pro, farther than most people get with this stuff. No need to be degrading because you know ill lap you on my 100
:lame:
1972261_10200855298864468_1141592340_n.jpg

Last edited:
Roundy round is flat-trackin... throw in a right turn and a rolling jump then its... what USED TO BE called Time Trials... AKA: TT

If I could have gotten the hang of draggin my left foot I'd be doing the same thing but my strength was in my right so turnign right worked.... maybe in Australia I'da made it!!! :shocked:

Roundy round is flat-trackin... throw in a right turn and a rolling jump then its... what USED TO BE called Time Trials... AKA: TT

If I could have gotten the hang of draggin my left foot I'd be doing the same thing but my strength was in my right so turnign right worked.... maybe in Australia I'da made it!!! :shocked:
TT= Tourist Trophy, I would love to run some TT races this year! The nearest track that does it is Lodi Cycle Bowl, which is a nice 6 hour drive from the 805!

TT= Tourist Trophy, I would love to run some TT races this year! The nearest track that does it is Lodi Cycle Bowl, which is a nice 6 hour drive from the 805!

I had to look this up cuz "I remembered"... according to "GOOGLE" the Term Toursit Trophy pertained maily to events liek the Isle Of Man... Below is a picture with a caption that included Time Trials but in this case it doesn't look like it includes a track with a jump in it. My memory has it that (similar to flattrack) a big left hand sweeper into a short straight, a sharp left then a sharp right over a jump into another sharp left back to the main straight... no biggie if I'm wrong on this, it's just what I recall it being.

66745128.jpg

Michael Poe of Timonium competes in time trials during the Baltimore County Trail Rider Association indoor short track motorcycle races at the Cow Palace in Timonium on Saturday, Dec. 10. (Staff photo by Brian Krista)

The END...

TT does mean tourist trophy in flat track. It is where we differ from those across the pond. For many years you could run some ungodly sized engines in that type of racing, as opposed to how we used to have it for ovals, ohv could have 500cc engines, flatheads were up to 750 for the ovals in the expert class that were not classified as short track. The lap record at Ascot Park TT was heald by a sportster engined factory Harley ridden by Mark Brelsford for a very long time after the lighter weight rotaxes came along. 1200 cc bikes had been used on occasion too. Put that in the air off of Ascot's jump. Consider you are going about twice as fast as a similar distance would take you in supercross and pretend your bike weighs three times what it does. Yeah, makes me want to drink beer and beat someone up too!!

Just like riding around an mx track, it is very easy for anyone of any ability at all to ride around an oval or a TT track. The catch is that there are other people trying to do it faster than you are. New light on it that way. If you like seeing bikes running in high gear instead of second, and like races where photo finishes are quite common and you probably saw 5 guys all in position to take a win when the last lap starts, then I can't see how you can see it any different than I did.

I think I was a two year pro as an mxer in the early 70's before I met two people who could build an engine and find as much horsepower as the first five flattrack engine builders I had already known. Three of those first five would have been on the list for mx engine builders if I hadn't already included them on the list of flattrack builders.

TT does mean tourist trophy in flat track. It is where we differ from those across the pond. For many years you could run some ungodly sized engines in that type of racing, as opposed to how we used to have it for ovals, ohv could have 500cc engines, flatheads were up to 750 for the ovals in the expert class that were not classified as short track. The lap record at Ascot Park TT was heald by a sportster engined factory Harley ridden by Mark Brelsford for a very long time after the lighter weight rotaxes came along. 1200 cc bikes had been used on occasion too. Put that in the air off of Ascot's jump. Consider you are going about twice as fast as a similar distance would take you in supercross and pretend your bike weighs three times what it does. Yeah, makes me want to drink beer and beat someone up too!!

Just like riding around an mx track, it is very easy for anyone of any ability at all to ride around an oval or a TT track. The catch is that there are other people trying to do it faster than you are. New light on it that way. If you like seeing bikes running in high gear instead of second, and like races where photo finishes are quite common and you probably saw 5 guys all in position to take a win when the last lap starts, then I can't see how you can see it any different than I did.

I think I was a two year pro as an mxer in the early 70's before I met two people who could build an engine and find as much horsepower as the first five flattrack engine builders I had already known. Three of those first five would have been on the list for mx engine builders if I hadn't already included them on the list of flattrack builders.

Well then, Tourist Trophy it is... I've never heard of it being called this always Time Trials. :panic: Learn something new every day...

ossagp..........the human motorcycle encyclopedia.

Ossa knows his facts. Appreciate it when people actually know what the hell is going on!
One of my 450s dyno's at 68hp.. Thanks to my FLAT TRACK motor builder. Southland Racing/Jim Wood is the best of the best when it comes to motors as far as im concerned. Add in his awesome Jimmy at Race Tech to do your suspension and you will be a man on a mission to the front of the pack!

Well some of us get reminded that we are coming back full circle. jft67x google a man named Tryce Welch. You can see who he has built engines for. I was impressed and his 450 yz's won nationals. You can ask him anything and he tells you, knowing full well that very few can do it with the instructions written on it :-). Tuners from the ovals end up doing what the rest copy in some form eventually.