Footpegs?

I have a 07 YZ250F. The shift lever just broke so I was checking out some of those (that $35 forged hammerhead seems pretty nice..) and that got me thinking about footpegs. I never actually noticed my feet ever slipping off too often...I think they slipped off like once. But nevertheless I was still drawn in to the claim of grippier and wider (I wear size 13 boots) pegs. So I was checking out some different pegs in the price range of 0-100 dollars, and found a couple that I like, and although they look cooler and perform better, are they really worth it compared to stock? My stock pegs are Ti 5XE's, priced at 100 bucks a peg. That seems pretty nice to me, especially since my "upgrade" would be made only out of aluminum or steel. Another point is durablity: I have never had an issue with my stockers, and probably took it for granted. I am afraid that if I go with an aluminum or steel peg that it may create problems. Should I upgrade to aftermarket pegs (or in essence...downgrade)? Will I notice a difference if I havent been having problems with stock? I think that sometimes my large feet would prefer a wider foot peg, but at the same time it teaches me to grip the bike with my knees harder to stay on (I am a novice). Also, shifter-wise, what are some good shift levers out there that are not over $50?

SRAD97750

Staff member
I really dig my extra wide footpegs. I wear size 14-15 and I require a large landing pad. It's like no matter where my feet come down, they always land on the big ass pegs just perfectly. I ride my brother's bike and his little narrow pegs are quite the headache.

BUT, if you have TI pegs and don't have an issue with their performance, then getting different pegs doesn't make too much sense. I think Titanium is the coolest stuff out there. -BIG DAN:thumb:

I can't really compare it to any other shifter, Besides OEM. But i picked up a sunline shift, And wow,Its amazing. 100x better than stock. lol

Had IMS on previous bikes and they always seemed much better than OEM, in the peg department.