FNG

Just bought a pair of XR80R for me and my 13 year old son. My first bike was an XR80R so I'm looking forward to some naustalga and some new memories with my boy.

I have a question I'll ask here first. Is there an o-ring or a gasket where the shaft that the shift lever is connected to goes into the engine. What is it called? Can I change it from the outside? If you guys can't answer this I'll start a new thread.

I have a question I'll ask here first. Is there an o-ring or a gasket where the shaft that the shift lever is connected to goes into the engine. What is it called? Can I change it from the outside? If you guys can't answer this I'll start a new thread.

Yea, it's a seal and it can be changed from the outside.

you can get tools for removing seals, but that one is a little small for one of those. I use a pick like you can get off the tool trucks that won't bend. you can also talk a grinder to a flat blade cheap screwdriver and make one.

Yeah, I like so La. It was very alive when I was there, and probably the most developed tree I have ever seen.
I have a friend that lives in Anchorage. His name is Travis Stelly. We graduated from high school together and he went up there to visit his brother and never came back.

Judging by the forks on xr #2 I think you need to dust off that exercise equipment! :D

ha ha j/k welcome to the site. My guess is it won't be too long and you will be bike shopping for dad. Once in your blood it's pretty easy to stir up!

Last edited:
Judging by the forks on xr #2 I think you need to dust off that exercise equipment! :D

ha ha j/k welcome to the site. My guess is it won't be too long and you will be bike shopping for dad. Once in your blood it's pretty easy to stir up!

Bike #2 came as a parts bike. But it runs great so I will be ordering some forks ASAP.