First time on track

Hello,

Rode my dirt bike a few times now (beginner) getting used to it. Would like to start trying track, as riding the same quarry is getting boring now.
Feel uncomfortable about going the track as there is many good riders there and I'm still messing up sometimes.
What's your thoughts?
I have boots and all the safety clobber, just thought I would upload a pic for you to see!

Thanks

Hello,

Rode my dirt bike a few times now (beginner) getting used to it. Would like to start trying track, as riding the same quarry is getting boring now.
Feel uncomfortable about going the track as there is many good riders there and I'm still messing up sometimes.
What's your thoughts?
I have boots and all the safety clobber, just thought I would upload a pic for you to see!

Thanks

Go to the track and just favor one side. Hold your line and everything will be fine. Worst thing you could do is go from side to side. Just hold your line.

Alright then good luck and ride safely. you should google up setting the suspension on your bike. Fairly easy tasks once you grab the concept, and will give you more confidence when it behaves in a predictable manner. You want the bike to squat evenly when weight is applied and rebound slower than it compresses. Not super
Slow or it will appear stiff, just a bit slower. And keep your riding position close to neutral (scoot up) for starters. Have fun!

When you say close to neautral do you mean in middle of bike?
Yeah I'm fairly heavier and taller than previous owner so would need setting up. I'll have a Google!
I'll post some pics when I've been track, won't be for a while as I'm offshore next Sunday for 3 weeks, gutted!
Cheers

My track bike:
84c717b604e49e1e63a305c1899ad930.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hello,

What's your thoughts?

Thanks
U will have a blast just go and ride your own race and hold a line like the others quoted.