First time buying a dirt bike.

Hey guys,
My name is Liam and I am a experienced motorcycle rider, ever since i fixed up a old Kawasaki kx100, and I am and have been extremely interested in purchasing a dirt bike for a while now. I am 6'4" and 245lbs so i am looking for a pretty big bike top support my weight. I was thinking about buying a 250 but I keep running into price issues. i have a budget of about $2000~$2500 and I could really use some help choosing a bike out (if there are any for that cheap). The Apollo Orion rx250 caught my eye but that is a Chinese made bike and a lot of people have been ripping on it for breaking, ect. Anyway if anyone has any advice or suggestions they are all greatly appreciated.

Thanks guys!

Me personally, I would stay completely away from those Chinese bikes, biggest reasons are durability and availability of parts......you may have a bike that breaks a lot and be lucky to get a part inside of 6 weeks, you should be able to pick up a 10 year old 250 jap bike for around your budget, it may need a little care, but you stated you've already went thru a bike project, and the parts would be very easy to get for any of the big 4 bikes, pick up one that suits your needs as BigDan said (MX,trails, etc...) hopefully that'll get you started, be sure to ask here for advice if any questions......the guys here have good advice.

i would probably be looking for a trail bike, and i don't know if i really need 250ccs I just said that because most chassis of lower cc bikes are not big enough for lol.

Yamaha TTR 230 might be your bike then. Big enough for your size, mild enough to learn on yet with enough power so you don't get bored.

Oh you can get a nice bike for 2 grand. And you'd definitely want a 250 or great in my opinion. If you buy anything smaller you'll be wanting to go bigger in no time. With your price range you could get a WR250 or something alike.

hey guys,
After a week or so of constant search online i was able to find a bike on Craigslist that is in my area. I got a 2000 Yamaha TTR 250 all souped up into an enduro with mostly all new parts for around $2000. man does that bike have a kick to it! already trying to pop some wheelies in my back yard on the first day but taking all the proper safety precautions too. Thanks for everyone's help! pics to come soon!

hey guys,
After a week or so of constant search online i was able to find a bike on Craigslist that is in my area. I got a 2000 Yamaha TTR 250 all souped up into an enduro with mostly all new parts for around $2000. man does that bike have a kick to it! already trying to pop some wheelies in my back yard on the first day but taking all the proper safety precautions too. Thanks for everyone's help! pics to come soon!

Welcome to the world of dirt bikes