Other First dirt bike fell on the way home (updated)

Hello everyone I was walking my new 1995 Honda xr80 to my house from neighbor's, and I dropped it and something looks like it broke off near the carb there is one black hose pointed down from the carb and another open loose clear colored hose coming from the block. Here is a picture I tied the ends of the hoses
IMG

SRAD97750

Staff member
The black one is a drain tube and should be untied and placed down the back of the engine and out the bottom of the bike.
The clear one is the crankcase vent, which should be untied and routed the same way overboard.

If the bike doesn't run after being laid on it's side, it may need a carburetor cleaning due to some junk being shook up. Also, it might not run with the crankcase vent plugged.
-BIG DAN:thumb:

probably the worst thing that happened if it wouldnt start right away is flooding. as was noted that flooding could move sediment that was on the bottom of the carburetor to places it will cause problems. the pilot jet being the most obvious. why was it that you went "boy scout" on the hoses, again?

Thanks again everyone the bike ran for a few minute's after the incident, can someone explain to me the best and easiest way to start it up again in the morning (with or with out choke) also it should have the fuel switch on the on position not reserve corrrect?
Thanks again

I just noticed there is another black hose that is disconnected coming out the side of the carb, where does this hose go to ? Thanks
1zq58o5.jpg

Last edited:
That's another vent hose. All those hoses need to be routed behind the engine. Back by the shock. Sitting overnight the bike should start just fine if the carb is clean.
Before taking it apart though please get a service manual. It's about $30 and will save you $300 in mistakes easily.

Thanks again everyone the bike ran for a few minute's after the incident, can someone explain to me the best and easiest way to start it up again in the morning (with or with out choke) also it should have the fuel switch on the on position not reserve corrrect?
Thanks again
Choke on. Maybe give the throttle a twist or two to fill the bowl. It doesn't really matter wether it's on ON or RESERVE. Personally I put it to ON. Once you run out of gas in the ON position you will still have gas to get back to your truck with RESERVE. It just lets you know that your getting low on gas

Thanks everyone, she is running only with the choke up in the on position, but she won't idle in neutral if i don't give it gas it dies. I tried adjusting the idle screwon the carb

Last edited: