first 9 down

yes yes I am surprised too :shocked: here they are. I'm showing off while I can.
softmore.png

What is the manufacturing class? Never heard of that one, not in my day or even my son's high school today.
Manufacturing is a class in which we come together to learn to work with different materials (glass etching, making steel tool boxes, wood, metal, plastic and even making t shirts) as well as study how factories operate. Currently we are building 40 complex excavator toys, which half will be donated to the toys for tots organization and the other half children with parents in the marine corp. Other projects we get to keep, but these are built with donated materials from anonymous sponsors. We learned how to use all machines, follow drafts, inventory product, and build product. Last year we took a general intro class that taught how to draft, basic safety, how to use bandsaws and machine sanders as well as drill presses. The intro class also covered all basic info for other classes such as construction and we built 35 steam roller toys to be donated :thumb: It's a great great class. Our teacher is bad ass too

Manufacturing is a class in which we come together to learn to work with different materials (glass etching, making steel tool boxes, wood, metal, plastic and even making t shirts) as well as study how factories operate. Currently we are building 40 complex excavator toys, which half will be donated to the toys for tots organization and the other half children with parents in the marine corp. Other projects we get to keep, but these are built with donated materials from anonymous sponsors. We learned how to use all machines, follow drafts, inventory product, and build product. Last year we took a general intro class that taught how to draft, basic safety, how to use bandsaws and machine sanders as well as drill presses. The intro class also covered all basic info for other classes such as construction and we built 35 steam roller toys to be donated :thumb: It's a great great class. Our teacher is bad ass too
That is great. I used to have classes like wood shop, metal shop, drafting along with some others and I took all of them through out the years I was in mid school and high school. I also took some auto mechanics and welding in college for some electives. Those were the good old days as they say because I don't think there are many schools that offer these type of courses out here in this pathetic state. You know, some one may get hurt learning something, and then the school will get sued. My sons high school still has all the remains of wood shop like the big exhaust fans, etc but nothing remains of the actual class.

That is great. I used to have classes like wood shop, metal shop, drafting along with some others and I took all of them through out the years I was in mid school and high school. I also took some auto mechanics and welding in college for some electives. Those were the good old days as they say because I don't think there are many schools that offer these type of courses out here in this pathetic state. You know, some one may get hurt learning something, and then the school will get sued. My sons high school still has all the remains of wood shop like the big exhaust fans, etc but nothing remains of the actual class.
That is truly sad, in my honest opinion, I think shop is probably the most important class out there. It teaches you how to get a job and how to keep a job through hard work. Not to mention the amount of daily-use knowledge you get to help your life go so much smoother. Even reading a tape measure for example to the exact measurement. You wouldn't believe the safety tests we had to take though, general safety, planer/jointer, tablesaw/radial arm saw, and router/shaper. I laid down 3 100% on mine and you need to have a 90. We are waiting to take router/shaper until we do our glass etching project in the spring.

That is truly sad, in my honest opinion, I think shop is probably the most important class out there. It teaches you how to get a job and how to keep a job through hard work. Not to mention the amount of daily-use knowledge you get to help your life go so much smoother. Even reading a tape measure for example to the exact measurement. You wouldn't believe the safety tests we had to take though, general safety, planer/jointer, tablesaw/radial arm saw, and router/shaper. I laid down 3 100% on mine and you need to have a 90. We are waiting to take router/shaper until we do our glass etching project in the spring.
Nice, I am glad to hear some younger people like you are still interested in these types of skills and trades, at least to learn them. Keep up the good work. :thumb: You are the same age as my son and you have a lot more interests in these types of things than he does. Most kids only want to stare at the thing in the palm of their hand.

Nice, I am glad to hear some younger people like you are still interested in these types of skills and trades, at least to learn them. Keep up the good work. :thumb: You are the same age as my son and you have a lot more interests in these types of things than he does. Most kids only want to stare at the thing in the palm of their hand.

How often does Mrs.KTM buy hand cream? :shocked: :smirk:

But in seriousness, I love the trade. I want to work with my hands, even if it doesn't make me 80K a year. There's so much that can be done with the knowledge learned in that shop. I have my own, but just in this 9 weeks I doubled the information I've previously known. That's how I know this class is worth something. I can honestly say I walk into the place with an ear to ear smile whether I'm ripping stock or laying out templates.