150F/230F Finally got to ride the "new" to me bike

I finally got a chance to take the 150 out to our friends land and see how I'm going to like it. I had a really hard time kicking it. I'm not sure if it's because my legs are so short, or leg strength. My husband and his buddy had no trouble starting it for me. SO... I'm a little concerned about that. On the other hand, it has a good bit more power, at least for me it's very noticeable difference. The frame of the bike fits me a little better than the 100. I was able to comfortably stand and practiced a lot with figure 8's standing up. The heavier weight of the bike was never an issue.

Definitely more exciting than the 100. :) I may look into a newer version of that same bike down the road.

dirty carburetors, especially where the low speed circuit is concerned can make the bike pop under those circumstances. as tim points out the pilot screw can be used to stop it from popping too. I do agree with dan on where most of the pops come from and i see lots of them "fixed" with the pilot screw. there is this long held belief that bikes run lean when you shut the throttle and that they pop. they actually run their richest during coasting or braking with the bike in gear and throttle shut off. the fact that yours is hard starting makes me want to look for a plugged low speed circuit before going to far though. that can make it lean during cold starts. you can turn the screw out a little bit (keep track of where you start that process and where you end up) and see if it helps the cold starts and the harmless and sometimes annoying popping.

I finally got a chance to take the 150 out to our friends land and see how I'm going to like it. I had a really hard time kicking it. I'm not sure if it's because my legs are so short, or leg strength. My husband and his buddy had no trouble starting it for me. SO... I'm a little concerned about that. On the other hand, it has a good bit more power, at least for me it's very noticeable difference. The frame of the bike fits me a little better than the 100. I was able to comfortably stand and practiced a lot with figure 8's standing up. The heavier weight of the bike was never an issue.

Definitely more exciting than the 100. :) I may look into a newer version of that same bike down the road.

If you are standing with your left foot on the ground it can be hard to start a bike cold. the trick is a milk crate or if you trust your side stand enough start it with your left foot up on the peg. I start my larger bikes on sidehills or stop where i can use one lots of times, and i am right at 6 feet. once warmed up it is easier, but remember the hillside/ditchside parking.

I bought a 150 in anchorage for a friend to give to his son in Kodiak and rode it a little. Floyd rode it, Gene rode it. we all agreed that it rides "bigger and better" than you would expect.

Since yours has a longer stroke than the e button bike I think I would be in the market to get a bigbore kit and live with kick starting it. That engine can become something in the 240 cc range with a bigbore kit. Has some "real compression" too and the 5 speed trans ended up being stronger than the six according to some people who built them that way. If you do all that to this one, pick up some other hopup items as you find deals you are on your way to a bike you keep for a very long time, even when you arent riding it as a primary anymore.

Some forks and swingarm changes could be considered too, in the future.