FI guys help me out..

Looking at an 08 rmz 450 hopefully tommorow. The dude wants 2800 for it which isn't a bad deal. My issue is it has an fmf pipe on it. Im sure its just a slipon but i didn't ask. Regardless of Its a slip on or full system wouldn't the fi need to be re tuned???
The guys running pipe and that's it no tuner nothing. Says a guy at local shop says he's fine. Help me out is this bike going to blow up on me? Must i spend 500 bucks on a tune before i ride it?

Im a carb guy dirtbikes and electric gadget crap never mixed with me before. Any and all help opinions knowledge is awesome.

I've had very very little experience with 4 strokes, but I can say this- my brother put a White Bros slip on on his cr450, and it needed no further tuning whatsoever... and what do you mean by a $500 fi tuning?? :eek::eek::eek::confused:

I've had very very little experience with 4 strokes, but I can say this- my brother put a White Bros slip on on his cr450, and it needed no further tuning whatsoever... and what do you mean by a $500 fi tuning?? :eek::eek::eek::confused:

Thanks that's what Im hoping. I have put slip ons on my streetbikes with no problems but this could be different i dunno. Oh and that's just an over exaggerated estimate lol. Caught Ur attention tho Haha

You can get a JD tuner and it is a do-it-yourself EFI tuner. They run pretty cheap. My 08 TE 450 needed a little tweaking with the new pipe. However my SM610 didn't need any tuning with a flow through pipe. I assume the ox-senser is removed as well? That would mean it's a closed loop system and dumps fuel as needed. Remember, an EFI bike if running poorly needs to be tuned. If it runs fine than it is doing everything it needs to do, it's electronic brain is smarter than you think. 2800 is a great deal by the way....

Correct me if Im wrong but an open loop has an oxygen sensor and a closed loop does not. And rmz from factory does not come with an oxygen sensor so its a closed loop system correct?

Correct me if Im wrong but an open loop has an oxygen sensor and a closed loop does not. And rmz from factory does not come with an oxygen sensor so its a closed loop system correct?

Awe shit! yah, the other way around. Regardless, if it runs good it's good! no popping on deceleration, hesitation through throttle, quick response through all the gears.