Father son project

I was thinking :thinking: Wood is the 5th anniversary gift but your son who helped is 10. Did you just figure who cares about that traditional crap? Or was it, baby, you give me wood. :lol:

Oh, I forgot...nice job on that bed.

:lol: sad part is palmer, my 10yo helped me cause my 20yo was too busy,,,:smirk: so must be the later of the two.:devil:

Nice Jackson! My dads a fan of that stuff. Nice tablesaw too, we do alot of woodworking projects now and then. As a matter of fact it was a huge hobby until I got my 250. Took too much time working to pay off my bike, now school takes more yet and anytime I can I spend it riding or hunting, but usually riding. My shop is a mess, its been along time for I made anything. Here was some of my old projects, and again, looks good!
http://lumberjocks.com/galleries/remy97
Check out my profile pic :P Look fimilar? Last time I made anything was the day before that pic was taken, I think.

James

Staff member
Very cool Jackson :thumb: What did you use to anchor the ends together?

I've done a couple projects myself:

• An octagon picnic table (way to many damn angles :picard:)
  • A bigass chair and table end, made out of 4" treated landscaping timbers
  • A 3 person swing that hangs from the deck roof with chains

I'd take pictures but I gave everything to my parents as I don't have the room. I'll see about snapping some the next time I'm over, if I don't forget. :P

I just want to know how you wash your hands in that sink in the back corner...:thinking:
:thinking: That and did you notice that it was moved?

Very cool Jackson :thumb: What did you use to anchor the ends together?

I've done a couple projects myself:

• An octagon picnic table (way to many damn angles :picard:)
  • A bigass chair and table end, made out of 4" treated landscaping timbers
  • A 3 person swing that hangs from the deck roof with chains

I'd take pictures but I gave everything to my parents as I don't have the room. I'll see about snapping some the next time I'm over, if I don't forget. :P

:thinking: That and did you notice that it was moved?

I used lag bolts in the rails on the back side of the headboard end and long 3'' screws on the inside on the foot board end. I used contruction adhesive in all of the holes where each part was inserted.

James

Staff member
I used lag bolts in the rails on the back side of the headboard end and long 3'' screws on the inside on the foot board end. I used contruction adhesive in all of the holes where each part was inserted.
:thumb: Ah yeah that should hold.

You set your regular bed frame inside it right?