exhaust??

Looking at upgrading my exhaust. FMF is what everyone knows....but are there others and I am wondering which ones get the respect of my DBA friends ??
03 YZ450

Pro Circut, Dr. D, Yoshimura, GYTR (yamaha's in house brand) are all good buys, I've had 2 seperate FMF systems on 2 different bikes, didn't feel like either of them offered anything. One bike was a WR250F that I went to a YZ-F Stock system and I felt like it did better than the FMF. The other on was my CRF250R, I went to a pro circut I picked up for $100 and again, its night and day difference from the FMF

Not that a 450 needs anything else, But especially for the early yz's Dr D had the best fit and power delivery for me. You didn't ask, but if your Bike was mine I would be turning it into a 5 speed with that kind if money. From a wr, actually.

Not that a 450 needs anything else, But especially for the early yz's Dr D had the best fit and power delivery for me. You didn't ask, but if your Bike was mine I would be turning it into a 5 speed with that kind if money. From a wr, actually.
I've thought about that 5th gear since riding it. I desert ride, so sometimes I am wanting that extra gear. I wouldn't even think about trying to do it though....How much do you think that would cost ?

Don't know if I would split the cases and add a 5th gear unless you are planning on holding that bike wide open for miles on end. Back in that year Ty Davis was winning national Hare and Hound events on a 4 speed trans on the YZ450. He did mention that 5th would be helpful, but if you gear the bike properly for your riding, you should be OK. As far as a pipe combo, I had an 07 YZ450f and I only added a FMF muffler and ran the stock header. The FMF muffler gave me an increase in off the bottom bark as well as allowed me to run a Sparky screen to be legal in the So Cal dez.