english assignment

so i have this 1000 word expository research. the topic is red sticker all year round and the thesis statement is " red sticker bikes with spark arrestors should not be seasonal because there is negligible diffrences in emmisions" i dont know why my teacher decided this was my best topic on my paper but this is what i ended up with. so if anybody knows where i can find some good information preferably from a goverment or education website or even someone who works for an emission place thing id greatly appreiciate it

-RackJr

There is a ton of stuff at the air resources board. Finding what you need isn't easy, but there are studies and of course the regulations. Start here http://www.arb.ca.gov/homepage.htm

You will find that a large part of the emissions happen just sitting in a garage. These are known as evaporative emissions. The only reason a red sticker four stroke is not green is the missing evaporative system, and a small amount of emissions while the bike is running. Two strokes literally pump around 1/4 of the gas right out the tail pipe.

I think that marketing is a big part as to why red sticker four strokes are sold. There is that perception that they are way faster than a compliant bike.

You will find, that 1000 words is almost nothing, and it it pointless to try and get too technical, especially in high school. You could BS the whole thing, yet write it well and still get an "A".