electrical question relating to sparks??

so i replaced my crank breather hose today(that connects into the carby intake funnel), as the other 1 was worn/melted.
i went to put the little hose clamp onto the hose using pliers(the clamps that you squeeze to open)....then went to connect the breather hose w/ new clamp into the carb intake funnel.....so the pliers slipped off and subsequently touched the body of the carby briefly, and all of a sudden there were a couple light sparks. which i thought was really strange.

the other strange thing is that apart from 1 wire that runs to the rear of the bike for the brake light(runs along the frame above the carby to the rear of the bike through the airbox), apart from that, there wasn't any electricals near there.

no idea what caused the spark, it was only very brief. i tried to see if it would happen again and it hasn't sparked since that.
any ideas what could've caused it?

Last edited:
so i replaced my crank breather hose today(that connects into the carby intake funnel), as the other 1 was worn/melted.
i went to put the little hose clamp onto the hose using pliers(the clamps that you squeeze to open)....then went to connect the breather hose w/ new clamp into the carb intake funnel.....so the pliers slipped off and subsequently touched the body of the carby briefly, and all of a sudden there were a couple light sparks. which i thought was really strange.

the other strange thing is that apart from 1 wire that runs to the rear of the bike for the brake light(runs along the frame above the carby to the rear of the bike through the airbox), apart from that, there wasn't any electricals near there.

no idea what caused the spark, it was only very brief. i tried to see if it would happen again and it hasn't sparked since that.
any ideas what could've caused it?

what kind of bike? Maybe there is a shorted wire some where touching the frame, carb cable or something. Is it an FI bike?

Brilliant! :lol::lol::cry:

In all honesty, you didn't see a spark from electrical short. It was static or metal to metal flash, even that would be unlikely due to the carby is a cast of 90% + zinc, magnesium, aluminum etc. You would never have seen a spark against a material that is not metal.