RM-Z250 Drowned bike

Hi guys.

I have a RMZ250 2013 which is fuel injected and
Unfortunately over the weekend I have sunken the bike in a dam.. (decided to climb a hill and didn't realise on the other side was a dam) the water was about up to the seat in height for a about 5 seconds before I could get off and hold it up out of the water untill mates helped me pull it out... the water did not look like it went into the exhaust. Mate has it all on GoPro and only the front half was sunken..

Long story short I have done the following:
Drained oil (was a little bit Milky) drained it 2 times.
Took the spark plug out and cranked the motor over, then replaced the plug with a new one.
Replaced the air filter

Now I've tried to start it but with no luck.. am I missing something?

Hi guys.

I have a RMZ250 2013 which is fuel injected and
Unfortunately over the weekend I have sunken the bike in a dam.. (decided to climb a hill and didn't realise on the other side was a dam) the water was about up to the seat in height for a about 5 seconds before I could get off and hold it up out of the water untill mates helped me pull it out... the water did not look like it went into the exhaust. Mate has it all on GoPro and only the front half was sunken..

Long story short I have done the following:
Drained oil (was a little bit Milky) drained it 2 times.
Took the spark plug out and cranked the motor over, then replaced the plug with a new one.
Replaced the air filter

Now I've tried to start it but with no luck.. am I missing something?

I wold take off the stator cover,, and dry it all with electrical cleaner spray. and use an air gun on it to dry

Drain your carb bowl as well and all fuel in tank.

I would clean everything electrical and intake related. Not sure what comes apart easily on the injector, but that one will need it too.

Ahhh I didn't start it straight away... I took it home and drained the oil. As I was injured I couldn't start it. Might be rusty piston rings..

Only thing I can think of to do sense it won't start,,

Guys tell me if I'm wrong on this last option :prof:
Ok here we go

Fill crank case full of kerosene' I mean over fill it shake it around and drain and repeat. And do the same to the top end with some kind of water displacement spray oil,, with exhaust off and carb. Just spray enough to get the top end wet and roll it over.

Clutches may suffer on this but last ditch effort

Best I can say to do till it starts

You can't do it in Louisiana as here, but if you take a seat off of a motorcycle and submerge it and freeze it, then put it back on your riding buddy's bike, atv or snowmachine it is a cackle to watch him ride and finally figure it out.
Well I have not started it since hence why I've asked.. it won't start

what is missing? spark? fuel? compression. This now becomes the same as any other "no start" situation. Have you done anything besides change the oil and the spark plug, ie as in testing any of that or clearing the injection unit anyway?