250F Do I need to drain oil and coolant before I remove the head on my YZ250F?

Please tell me you have a manual.... Please tell me you are getting one before you attempt to turn a wrench on your bike...
ahahahahahahahaha I didn't want to be the first to say something

but yes, if you have to ask this question, are you sure you're up to removing the head and re-installing it plus retiming it?
Its easy for an expierenced mechanic but I've seen it give many new riders a headache.

James

Staff member
ahahahahahahahaha I didn't want to be the first to say something

but yes, if you have to ask this question, are you sure you're up to removing the head and re-installing it plus retiming it?
Its easy for an expierenced mechanic but I've seen it give many new riders a headache.
:noidea: I learned by just trying it, but yes I did have a service manual. :thumb:

:noidea: I learned by just trying it, but yes I did have a service manual. :thumb:
I've seen it gone wrong.

it can be done, and you do need to learn how to do it if you plan on staying with this sport. if you have any friends that are good mechanics, ask if they'll help (but provide the beer) and get a service manual
I wasn't trying to discourage you, but I'd hate for your next post in this thread to be one with a destroyed motor story

Please tell me you have a manual.... Please tell me you are getting one before you attempt to turn a wrench on your bike...
Yes I have a service manual. It didn't say I was supposed to drain the coolant anywhere. I follow the instructions step by step otherwise. Take a look at my head, Ill have it posted in a bit.